What's new

My restorations!

I'm not sure how he did it, but this is my method: take white model paint and use a brush and wipe it all round the letters. It'll sink in the crevices. While it's still wet, wipe away the excess and let the rest dry.

That's pretty much what i do also. I actually use a small piece of a windshield wiper blade to remove the excess paint. There is actually a thread that gives you step by step instructions. Once i've removed the excess paint i'll lightly wipe around and over the lettering with Testors paint remover to clean it up. If the lettering is shallow it is pretty difficult to get the letters to look perfect. I'll also usually do several coats, never just one.

I'm not sure how he did it, but this is my method: take white model paint and use a brush and wipe it all round the letters. It'll sink in the crevices. While it's still wet, wipe away the excess and let the rest dry.

i use the same method, it works.

And TS, awesome work!

that italia brush...

proxy.php

Last edited:
What is the trick to "re-paint" engraved letters and then paint the rest of the brush handle?
I have already asked in another thread but maybe this is the right one.

Last edited:
What is the trick to "re-paint" engraved letters and then paint the rest of the brush handle?
I have already asked in another thread but maybe this is the right one.

I sand very lightly over the lettering, then i fill in the letters with either a paint brush or a Qtip. I use a small piece of a winshield wiper blade to remove the excess paint and then i let the brush sit for a few hours or overnight. I repeat the same process of filling in the letters and then i go around the letters with a Qtip that i dabbed in paint thinner. That'll get the majority of the excess paint off, to clean it all up i'll dab a paper towel or kleenex in the paint thinner and go over the letters very lightly. Then i'll sand and polish the rest of the brush. Once the whole brush is sanded i like to use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to polish everything up, I find it gives the brushes a really nice shine!
Hope this helped.

I sand very lightly over the lettering, then i fill in the letters with either a paint brush or a Qtip. I use a small piece of a winshield wiper blade to remove the excess paint and then i let the brush sit for a few hours or overnight. I repeat the same process of filling in the letters and then i go around the letters with a Qtip that i dabbed in paint thinner. That'll get the majority of the excess paint off, to clean it all up i'll dab a paper towel or kleenex in the paint thinner and go over the letters very lightly. Then i'll sand and polish the rest of the brush. Once the whole brush is sanded i like to use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound to polish everything up, I find it gives the brushes a really nice shine!
Hope this helped.

Thank you. Your explanation is fully satisfactory.

That is quite the line up of brushes ready to go. All of your previous restores are beautiful. The black over clear acrylic handles with the medallion in the handle and the EverReady's with the green and yellow bases are fantastic.

Top Bottom