What's new

My New GreenCult 2.0

Appreciate this feedback. I'm interested in getting a razor with more blade exposure than my Rockwell 6s. These all seem like good options.

For the price the Lupo 95 seems like great value, but I have the GameChanger 84p and I don't like it at all. For me it's less efficient, while also being more irritating. So I'm concerned that the Razorock geometry just doesn't get along with me. Also Razorock doesn't accept returns (which is fair considering their price point).

So I'm cosidering:

1. Lupo 72/95
    1. Best "Value"
    2. Don't like GameChanger, so worried about geometry
  2. Green Cult 2.0
    1. Medium cost
    2. Seems like a great option
  3. Yates 921-H
    1. Medium high cost
    2. Not sure I'll like the wider gap
  4. Blackbird
    1. Highest cost
    2. Seems like best performance, comfortable yet efficient.
So, I guess I'm mostly interested in if option 4 is worth 2x the cost of option 2...
If you do get the GreenCult, also pick up one of the higher-numbered plates. Mine came with the II plate, but I got the III and IV plate in addition. I got the II plate because I was looking at the Blackbird originally, and the geometry of the II plate closely matches the reported geometry of the Blackbird. It does however look to me like it has much better blade support on the bottom than the Blackbird... Not sure what the effect of that is. I'm sure there are other differences too. Blackland suggests using the Blackbird at a shallow angle, and that's another reason I shied away from it, but plenty here say they use it with a steep angle with good success.

At first I thought the II plate was all I needed to get because I liked it so much (I was coming from a Timeless .95) but after trying the III and IV, I have to say I like the IV the best - and I'd skip the III if I had to do it again. You can shave much steeper with the IV plate and that's much kinder to my skin. I've also been shimming it to increase the gap and exposure. Up to 5 blade shims (I've only tried up to that) actually really increases the efficiency a lot and lets you shave at a really steep angle. It's actually completely changed my my thinking on what an ideal geometry would be for me.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know we are all different. That's one reason this hobby continues to be interesting and engaging for me. I had the Green Cult 2.0 with the II and III plates. I got along very well with the II plate. The III didn't give me a closer shave and didn't feel smooth or comfortable for me. I took the 2.0 II with for an overseas trip for 7 weeks. I had great shaves during that trip.

I ended up selling mine because I was funding another razor. I have the Blutt BR1 0.86 and 1.2 razors so the Green Cult 2.0 was sort of redundant for me. I don't hesitate to recommend it, however. In its price range, for me, it was one fine razor. It could well be that the IV plate is much better than the III. Sometimes, those middle ranges don't do as well as the more mild plate and the higher gap base plates.

Top Bottom