What's new

My New Brush Holder (Barber Shop)

Nice station. Great sink.
havent some places banned shave brushes in barbershops?

When I started barbering they were banned here. They rewrote the law, and didn't include anything about shave brushess, so I use them. Noone's ever given me a solid answer on how to disinfect them so I made my own procedure and it seems to work for me.

When I started barbering they were banned here. They rewrote the law, and didn't include anything about shave brushess, so I use them. Noone's ever given me a solid answer on how to disinfect them so I made my own procedure and it seems to work for me.

Interesting! Can you share the procedure?

Interesting! Can you share the procedure?

Ok, now I want to note that I do not put the brush on areas that have been cut, are inflamed, or rashes, etc.

I rinse the brush with water and remove all the soap. I shake the water out and then immerse it in one of these filled with hydrocide solution for 20 minutes. I shake the solution out of the brush and then mist the knot with Oster Disinfectant spray.

I rotate them and it's rare for me to use all five in a day and I haven't noticed any ill effect on the badger hair, yet. Some may not agree with my method, but I guarantee they're cleaner than just about anything you come into contact with on a daily basis..

Ok, now I want to note that I do not put the brush on areas that have been cut, are inflamed, or rashes, etc.

I rinse the brush with water and remove all the soap. I shake the water out and then immerse it in one of these filled with hydrocide solution for 20 minutes. I shake the solution out of the brush and then mist the knot with Oster Disinfectant spray.

I rotate them and it's rare for me to use all five in a day and I haven't noticed any ill effect on the badger hair, yet. Some may not agree with my method, but I guarantee they're cleaner than just about anything you come into contact with on a daily basis..

excellent. No bug could ever survive! I'd love to get a shave there some day!

Top Bottom