What's new

My lathering technique with Italian soft soaps

I have a question for those of you who use this method. With a couple of the soaps I have the soap is filled all the way to the top. How do you do this without making a mess? Do you put the soap into a different container? If so, how do you move the softer soaps into said container? Or do I just enjoy the mess?
Most soft soaps can be moved to another container using a spoon or thin spatula, like Play-Doh. Try moving a few week's worth of soap into a separate "loading bowl". Smooth out the top. Now, you can put the main container away and just use the loading bowl for the next few weeks. Just make sure to leave the lid off for a few hours after shaving to let the soap dry out.

These containers are my favorites, but there are many to choose from:
petg-jar-soap-1.png
That's a 90mm diameter clear PETG container.

I use the marco method but with a damp brush with all the water flicked or wrung out. Then I typically face lather and gently hydrate till I get the consistency I want...
The Marco method uses a WET brush. :confused1

Most soft soaps can be moved to another container using a spoon or thin spatula, like Play-Doh. Try moving a few week's worth of soap into a separate "loading bowl". Smooth out the top. Now, you can put the main container away and just use the loading bowl for the next few weeks. Just make sure to leave the lid off for a few hours after shaving to let the soap dry out.

These containers are my favorites, but there are many to choose from:
View attachment 1295473
That's a 90mm diameter clear PETG container.

The Marco method uses a WET brush. :confused1
It's NOT the Marco method, as the brush is dry and the Marco uses a very wet brush.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow! Forgot about this, glad it was resurrected. Used this method this morning with Cella and a B&B anniversary brush (omega boar), and it works as well as it did ten years ago when I first tried it. Excellent!

I have RazoRock Medico della Peste up for today's shave after a hot shower. I will be using the Italian Master Barber method with a boar brush, so I thought I would bump up this wonderful thread. I first used this method ~7 years ago after reading this thread so graciously shared by @Marco . Thank you, sir!

I am new to the wet shaving world and today was my first try of what has become known as the “Marco Method” with a Proraso White shaving soap and a Perfecto pure badger brush. It worked nicely. Finally, I was able to get a thick and voluminous lather for my first and second shave, and almost thick for the third shave. God, I was even able to squeeze enough lather out to do three passes each on both of my armpits. Thank you @Marco, this will be my go-to lathering method from now on.

Top Bottom