What's new

My intro to cold water shaving.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
But what about on a cold winter day? I only started cold water shaving in the last few months. I've gotten better results but I'm not sure what I'll do once winter gets here. I guess I'll find out soon enough 😂
I shaved all last winter with cold water. I found it to be really refreshing. I found that after your first cold water splash before you start lathering it was plain sailing. I even found myself applying mentholated aftershave if I shaved in the morning. Even if the temperature was in the minus. But don't be surprised if you end up with this look on your face 😬.

I shaved all last winter with cold water. I found it to be really refreshing. I found that after your first cold water splash before you start lathering it was plain sailing. I even found myself applying mentholated aftershave if I shaved in the morning. Even if the temperature was in the minus. But don't be surprised if you end up with this look on your face 😬.

I hope I'm able to get through that first splash. At least I can work up to it through the fall as the temperatures slowly decline. 🍻

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I hope I'm able to get through that first splash. At least I can work up to it through the fall as the temperatures slowly decline. 🍻
It really is easy I tried going back to using warm water. But it just seems wrong after using cold water for so long.

Rhe only thing I’ve really learned is hot or cold water final rinse before using a highly mentholated AS can be the difference between an enjoyable freeze and a face of fire! I’m usually a room temp rinse guy.

Top Bottom