What's new

My First Straight!

Just got my first straight the other day from a fellow member on the forum. I sent it off today to get honed by Lynn. Looking to get the other necessities like a strop and other things. Can't wait to give it a try when I get it back. My wife really couldn't care less so I needed someone to tell! Here's a photo of my first straight:w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Very nice. Yea, my wife couldn't care less either. She wonders why i need so many soaps, brushes, straight, etc etc.... Good luck on your journey

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's a nice one to start with!

Thanks everyone!! Yeah I know it's not your typical first straight. I just know I'm going to love it and after looking around and researching I really wanted a filly and they're not making any new ones! So I just decided to dive in! And if by the slightest possibility it's not for me it should be easy to sell it. I'll give you an update once I get it back from Lynn.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I like. But that razor is not for beginners. I will be glad to hold it for you until your 1000th shave, if you want.

Great score. Let us know how the shave goes. If you ever get tired of straight shaving I want first dibs on buying it! :thumbup: PLEASE!!

Thanks everyone...something tells me I'm gonna love it, but by the slight chance I don't, I will keep it in the B&B family. I'll post an update when once I've had a chance to use it. Anyone point me to a decent strop that isn't too pricey...there's a TON out there.

sweet!

i was just thinking yesterday that i probably have gone for what i wanted initially (the Hart straight), like i did with the DEs... either ay i am a happy camper with what i got. good luck shaving with that beauty

Wow! What a great razor! I've been at this for a while and I'm just getting my first filly as we speak. As far a good strop, I would recommend a 3 inch latigo to start with. It provides good draw which will serve you well when you're trying to figure out whether your stroke is consistent. Let us know when you get it back!

Cheers,

JF

Top Bottom