What's new

My first Straight Razor Shave

Well my fellow badgers I have become a man and shaved with a straight razor for the first time just a few minutes ago! I used the razor that Conroygc sent me last week and I will be honest and say that I was a little nervous about it at the beginning while prepping my face but it went GREAT! After first shaving my right cheek all fear left me and I proceeded to shave my neck! I went WTG, XTG, XTG, and........ATG!!!!! I cannot believe that I got a BBS shave from a straight razor with only one very small weeper my first time ever using one. Holding the blade came very natural to me. I really enjoy using my DE razor but I felt like one with the blade, like it was an extension of my hand! The razor I received was shave ready thanks to Conroy and for that I am grateful because I got to hit the ground running and try it out. I am a little afraid to say that this may be my new way of shaving. I really cannot begin to explain how darn smooth my face is, I mean I think its somehow smoother than when I use a DE and even when I get a BBS shave from one of them!

That is inspiring. I planned to get a straight from whipped dog after I master the DE. I am excited for you. Well done man

full face BBS on first try.. wow… i am impressed. your reaction about future shaves is right on.. barely any reason to not enjoy a straight shave when you shave..

even the really nice DEs are no longer that seductive...

Top Bottom