What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

I have to say that though the Strambach is a good smoking pipe, The Altinok has it beat handily. I get just a bit of gurgle every bowl with Sally but I've not had a single issue with moisture at all in the LVC using the same tobacco. It also seems to draw smoother to me...Sally feels a bit turbulent as I sip the pipe but the Altinok just kind of covers my mouth in creamy goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you use to clean the shank? I can't get a pipe cleaner to go completely through the shank and into the chamber because of the arc at the bottom of the shank. Any suggestions?
With the Altinok it passes through without issue at all. On my Strambach I have to fiddle with the pipe cleaner a bit and even then sometimes don't get it to go all the way through. I just wait for it to cool completely and go from the other end in that case.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I know with my Strambach, I have to slightly bend and curve the leading tip of the pipe cleaner before it will pass from the shank into the bowl.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I know with my Strambach, I have to slightly bend and curve the leading tip of the pipe cleaner before it will pass from the shank into the bowl.

View attachment 783010

I do the same with mine, even then it works about 50% of the time. I put the slight bend in the tip of the pipe cleaner and when it is advanced to the trouble spot, twist the pipe cleaner about 180 degrees and it will sometimes go on through.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
With the Altinok it passes through without issue at all. On my Strambach I have to fiddle with the pipe cleaner a bit and even then sometimes don't get it to go all the way through. I just wait for it to cool completely and go from the other end in that case.
That's the difference between a $200 pipe and a sub $100 pipe.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
For a little more, you can get a Peterson that isn't drilled right, either :)
And you can even buy it at Pipesandcigars, and then have a Peterson that isn't drilled right and never gets delivered.
(sorry, couldn't resist)

That's the difference between a $200 pipe and a sub $100 pipe.
I've hand-bent replacement acrylic and vulcanite stems for pipes, with a candle or a hair dryer and a beer bottle that I've had zero difficulty getting standard or bristle pipe cleaners through.

I'm by no means a professional (or even an amateur) pipe maker, but I'm pretty sure that screwups exist at every price point.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Enjoying some afterwork LBF on the commute home in Sally Strambach....first time she's been smoked in a month. Really need to take time to put some new wax on her.

Man it's been a while since I updated this thing! Got Sally the Strambach out for a nice evening herf of LBF...she's really starting to color up after her recent rest!

Please excuse the ash and dottle on the bowl. A little breezy outside this evening

Top Bottom