What's new

My first meal!

Hello B&B! As some of you know, I am a Sgt in the Marines and am currently deployed on my third tour. I am coming home (finally) in a few days. I will be going to a local Jacksonville, NC restaurant for a good meal when I get back. This will be a dual celebration. I am celebrating coming home from my third and final tour for a while, and I am celebrating my reenlistment. I am going to Pensacola, FL for the next four years to be an Avionics Instructor.

Local restaurants include: Chili's, Outback, Ruby Tuesday's, O'Charley's, Applebees, Lone Star, Texas Roadhouse, and an assortment of Thai, Mexican, Japanese and Chinese places. My favorite out of the group is Chili's, but I am open to anything.

Help me pick my first meal!!!

I just want to thank you for your service, Sir. Congratulations on all of your achievements as well. As for your first meal, I would have to go with Texas Roadhouse. In all the times I've been to the Texas Roadhouse here in PA, (I've Been To A Few Of Them) I've never had a bad meal/experience there. Whatever your choice, I hope your first meal when you get back is a great one! Regards, Nick

Thank you for your service.

I would puck a Mexican place. If possible, skip the restaurant and make yourself a nice dinner.

Thank you very much! I would cook a meal for myself if I had a house or anything. I live in the barracks, so my skillet and crock pot are packed up right now. I already have some stuff planned for the crock pot when I unpack it.

Thank you very much! I would cook a meal for myself if I had a house or anything. I live in the barracks, so my skillet and crock pot are packed up right now. I already have some stuff planned for the crock pot when I unpack it.

Oh. Well, enjoy your meal. Thank you again.

And welcome back to North Carolina :wink:

Thank you for your Service, Dustin! Glad you are returning safely. If your favorite is Chilis, then your decision is made. Unfortunately I can't help you out with other local establishments in that area.

As others have stated, thank you for your service. Three tours is a mighty long time to be away from loved ones.

I think you should go with your favorite! Who cares if it is not the most elegant or special or whatever...it's what you've missed and what you've been away from and craved the most, so go for it. What will make the meal the most rewarding will be to spend it with family, not what you fill your gut with. Just be careful...god knows how you've managed to live off that military food for so long...you may be a little sensitive to REAL food, and spicy real food at that, lol. Personally, I'd go for the biggest, most awesome steak I could get my hands on...prefereably a nice ribeye with some garlic butter!

Again, a tip of my hat to you for all you've sacrificed.

Yeah, I think I am going to hit Chili's, get me some hot wings and some baby back ribs. And some of those big tall beers of course! But I don't know, that chorizo thread is making me crave the chori pollo real bad....

Why yes, the Flora-Bama is in Pensacola! I think I might just eat hot wings and beer til I burst! I am so sick and tired of the bland food out here. I have lost about 20 pounds over the last 7 months. Stupid healthy stuff...

Dustin,

Thank you for your service.

Congratulations on your reenlistment and your new assignment.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will be a treat!

So how did your first meal out go?

I haven't had my first meal yet, I am still in Iraq for the next few days. Ill be home first part of next week. I did reenlist today, so that is exciting. Got a real nice bonus, too. Let the AD's begin!

Congratulations! I cannot think of a better way to celebrate getting out of Iraq, re-enlisting and come back to the USA than by drinking with the debutantes, bikers, frat boys, rednecks and who knows what else at the Flora-Bama.

I am going to party my *** off, just like the other two times I returned from deployment... The first week is going to be a blur! At least I will have the most presentable face around! Can't wait to get my shave gear out again!

Stop by Chili's for chips and salsa. Not great, but good. Then the Outback for a thick Ribeye rare. Finish it off at Applebee's with a Blonde Brownie. Of course, I'm sure that in your area you could find great seafood (crab legs, lobster, etc.), catfish and hush puppies, and some incredible b-b-que! I know that when I do get back to Texas I have two requirements. Tex-Mex and catfish!

Thank you for our service to our country. I doff my hat to you!

Randy

Top Bottom