What's new

My first GEM 1912!

Way to go...with the Gem 1912 SE. I find that it gives me as close or even closer shaves than my DEs. I personally prefer the Pella Gem razor blades with the Teflon coating. Have fun!!!!

So with a DE, you hold the razor at about 30 degrees or so off your face. With an SE, you basically hold the top of the razor head flush against your face, and then lift the back edge slightly off to give a small angle. That's an approximation, but a starting point from which you'll be able to find the correct angle. SEs give a LOT of feedback, so you'll be able to hear and feel when the hairs are getting sliced.

Watch Mr. Guy's video on shaving with a micromatic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUG2B_-D0d4) for really good tips on this and SE shaving in general. Good luck!

With DE, the handle points towards the floor, with SE the handle points more towards the wall. Thats obviously a very broad generalization, but a starting point for new wet shaves for either equipment.

This is all great, many thanks! That's a nice video, but the one of his that I keep going back to is Live Micromatic shave! You've gotta love the disclaimer at the beginning. :lol:

[youtube]HnQ1Rk68ygw[/youtube]​

Last edited:
Top Bottom