What's new

My fathers pipes

Her excuse is that it's for their future baby's sake. My dad and I killed her for it... repeatedly. I have a feeling that he'll smoke his cigs right up to the day that the kid is born. The guy is beyond addicted to his cigs and works a very stressful job, so I don't see how he can quit easily.

He's also one of those people who are embarrassed and feels guilty about smoking. He even tries to hide it from his parents despite the fact that he's in his 30's. He used to sneak out to smoke a cig around my parents, but once he found out that I smoked pipes he's been more open about it with us. I think he's one of those people that would love to quit, but is already a slave to it. I guess he sees my sister making him quit once they have a kid as a good excuse to finally quit for good.

For what it's worth, possibly suggest the e-cig route to him?

For what it's worth, possibly suggest the e-cig route to him?

I asked him about it a while back and apparently he didn't like it. Once I get my e-cig setup going, I may try again since I'll actually know what I'm talking about this time around. My guess is he tried one of those cheapo ones you can get at Walgreens or something.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Her excuse is that it's for their future baby's sake. My dad and I killed her for it... repeatedly. I have a feeling that he'll smoke his cigs right up to the day that the kid is born. The guy is beyond addicted to his cigs and works a very stressful job, so I don't see how he can quit easily.

He's also one of those people who are embarrassed and feels guilty about smoking. He even tries to hide it from his parents despite the fact that he's in his 30's. He used to sneak out to smoke a cig around my parents, but once he found out that I smoked pipes he's been more open about it with us. I think he's one of those people that would love to quit, but is already a slave to it. I guess he sees my sister making him quit once they have a kid as a good excuse to finally quit for good.
I know how it feels to be a slave to cigarettes. E cigs are a huge help.

I asked him about it a while back and apparently he didn't like it. Once I get my e-cig setup going, I may try again since I'll actually know what I'm talking about this time around. My guess is he tried one of those cheapo ones you can get at Walgreens or something.

I know how it feels to be a slave to cigarettes. E cigs are a huge help.

Also, if it was long enough ago, the technology was not nearly what it is now, so yeah, once you have a good starter setup running, see if you can get him to try it out. There is a small adjustment period, but it's pretty painless and fast.

Top Bottom