What's new

My dream of an edible shaving cream goes down in flames...

I think you would have had a better shot if you had gone ahead and done a full prep, or at least pre-wetted your face.

Can't wait to see the results with mayo ... I'm hoping you'll be giving olive oil, peanut butter, ketchup and mustard a go, too.

I think you would have had a better shot if you had gone ahead and done a full prep, or at least pre-wetted your face.

Can't wait to see the results with mayo ... I'm hoping you'll be giving olive oil, peanut butter, ketchup and mustard a go, too.

I was afraid that the moisture on my face would just completely break down the whipped cream, but who knows. I'm doubtful about the ketchup (won't be able to see the cuts) and the mustard, but I'm definitely going to give the olive oil and the peanut butter a shot. :)

Chunky or creamy?

I was afraid that the moisture on my face would just completely break down the whipped cream, but who knows. I'm doubtful about the ketchup (won't be able to see the cuts) and the mustard, but I'm definitely going to give the olive oil and the peanut butter a shot. :)

You're crazy! Good luck. I bet the mustard burns.

Bet that vinegar in the ketchup would suck, quite a bit on the first nick. :p As far as edible goes, don't forget some salad dressings. :p Of course, grease might be interesting even though it would taste rough. A mix might be appropriate. Coconut slush, mixed with some butter/margarine made into a fine liquid might be good, as long as it is slightly warm, I suppose.

I will for sure be watching as well, because this promises to be quite hilarious.

By the way, was that whipped cream cold or warm? Not sure how much it matters with canned goo (Been a while since I had whipped cream out of anything but the cheap-o tub), but as far as "slickiness" goes, if it is warmer it might be more slick, and colder it might not break apart as much. I seem to recall it lasting a good while on the ice cream, so maybe try a 'really' cold whipped cream? See how that holds up, and same with a really warm one?

Sacrifice your face to science! Dooo eetttt!

Again though, interesting video. I almost had goosebumps listening to the scraping. >_<

Last edited:
The whipped cream was cold, straight out of the fridge, as I thought that might give it more "staying" power. I really was surprised that it did nothing to promote a good shave. I'm betting on the peanut butter. Should have great adhesion, and be appropriately greasy. Oh, and creamy, of course. I'd hate to think what would happen if the blade were to jump on a "chunk" of peanut. :)

“If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.”

~ Barry Goldwater

Last edited:
If you are going to do PB, might suggest doing "natural" as it seems to have more oils, as far as I can tell. But, good luck!

I almost had goosebumps listening to the scraping. >_<

+1. The sound and sight of the OP scraping a straight razor down his face with nothing but whipped cream between absolutely made my flesh crawl. It felt just like watching a car going into a skid, and hoping that somehow it would right itself without running off a cliff.

Try olive oil, corn oil, peanut oil etc. etc. I once squeezed the contents of a flaxseed oil capsule (same a linseed oil) to try as a preshave oil and it worked OK. What about whipped cream cheese?

Top Bottom