What's new

my Dad's shaving brush has seen better days

My dad says he bought this Omega brush some time in the Mid to Late 80s, He STILL won't let me replace or reknot it for him,
he is 64 years old, retired and only shaves once a week, exclusively uses arko in a tube, says "it's still perfectly fine and does the job, i's authentic Omega! you know how much that cost thing cost me as a military conscript? A FORTUNE!"
Reminds me of my dad's old brush. Besides, the old adage, '"If it ani't broke, don't fix it", still has merit today.

Itzflame, you might mention to your dad about seeing about a different blood thinner possibly. I've taken two in my life, and this time around I'm going to be stuck with it for life. Warfarin made me quite prone to bleeding, but wasn't on it for long, but when I got my blood clot disorder, I was put on Eliquis, and while I bleed a bit longer now, not to any significant degree. I do Eliquis at 5mg twice a day. Might be worth a mention. I know it's different for us all, but maybe there's something else out there that would enable going back to de blades.

Thanks for sharing the picture of your dad's brush! He's definitely got his money's worth. I think you can find an exact replacement for that brush if the time ever comes for that. Probably would have to find on ebay now.

Maybe the Dad is simple person who has brush they like, sees ZERO NEED to turn simple task of shaving into hobby of being collector of shave gear.

More people in work like that then the collector who own 20 of everything, and still can not find their GRAIL Brush, Blade, or Razor.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Maybe the Dad is simple person who has brush they like, sees ZERO NEED to turn simple task of shaving into hobby of being collector of shave gear.

More people in work like that then the collector who own 20 of everything, and still can not find their GRAIL Brush, Blade, or Razor.
Zero NEED indeed. But sometimes it's nice to gift something out of the blue. If I ate PBJs for lunch my entire life and a loved one slipped in a roast beef on rye with sharp cheddar, horseradish mayo, crunchy lettuce and some juicy tomato slices I'd definitely tear up and eat it with gusto. In this case dad definitely doesn't seem like a collector, more like a blue collar hard worker that has gone above and beyond to provide and take care. Why not take a moment to put a smile on his face? That boar looks well loved, but it's likely a PBJ. Nothing wrong with it and I LOVE a peanut butter and jelly sammich, but once in a while I appreciate a !@#% roast beef sandwich. YMMV

Top Bottom