What's new

my Dad's shaving brush has seen better days

My dad says he bought this Omega brush some time in the Mid to Late 80s, He STILL won't let me replace or reknot it for him,
he is 64 years old, retired and only shaves once a week, exclusively uses arko in a tube, says "it's still perfectly fine and does the job, i's authentic Omega! you know how much that cost thing cost me as a military conscript? A FORTUNE!"

Attachments

• bbn.jpg
    bbn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Many of us could learn a lot from your dad. The King of restraints. I'd love to know what his razor is. This is going to show up as a link in a few other threads.

One thing I've tried with my dad is to sneak in a gift here and there to replace or enhance what he already has. Sometimes it succeeds, other times it falls flat. All I can do is try.

Most importantly I'm glad he is still around to guide and confound you. Dad's can't be replaced.

Many of us could learn a lot from your dad. The King of restraints. I'd love to know what his razor is. This is going to show up as a link in a few other threads.

One thing I've tried with my dad is to sneak in a gift here and there to replace or enhance what he already has. Sometimes it succeeds, other times it falls flat. All I can do is try.

Most importantly I'm glad he is still around to guide and confound you. Dad's can't be replaced.
He used to shave with all kinds of locally avaliable Safety and straight (mostly shavettes) razors. mostly No-Name generics and the infamous L6 by lord , but unfortunately back in 2010 he got on blood thinners which Made it extremely hard to shave with DE as the bleeding won't stop without going to the ER from a simple nick or cut, He Cusses P&G's pricing every time he has to replace his MACH3 carts but they are his only choice RN. He occasionally borrows one of my DEs for a quick mid week shave when there is not much growth.
i've tried numerous times to gift him a new synthetic or better shaving creams or aftershave, all of my cries went unheard.

Thank you for your kind words, a good dad is truly a gem.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Tell him about the Shave Brush Fairy.

It's like the tooth fairy, but when an old brush is put in the garbage on Christmas Eve, Santa the Shave Brush Fairy brings you a new one the next day!

Note: Anyone (hint hint) can put his brush in the garbage. It doesn't have to be him. As long as there's an old shave brush in the garbage on Christmas Eve, the magic works.

Tell him about the Shave Brush Fairy.

It's like the tooth fairy, but when an old brush is put in the garbage on Christmas Eve, Santa the Shave Brush Fairy brings you a new one the next day!

Note: Anyone (hint hint) can put his brush in the garbage. It doesn't have to be him. As long as there's an old shave brush in the garbage on Christmas Eve, the magic works.
I've never been more glad that we're Muslim and he does not celebrate Christmas because if i dare to throw his shave brush in the garbage the news next day would read "Man murders his Son over shaving dispute, sources say".
No one is allowed near Old man's bathroom, ive snuck this picture at 4:00 AM , LOL.

If he uses a cartridge razor and despises the high cost of the 5-6 blade refills, show him the Gillette Guard.

It's a single blade cartridge Gillette, marketed in India. I used for for many months this year and it's as.good as any DE shave. The cartridges (and handle) can be had on eBay the cheapest. Cartridges cost about $0.25 each, if purchased in 100.piece. pivoting head, single blade, no gimmicky lube strips.

If he uses a cartridge razor and despises the high cost of the 5-6 blade refills, show him the Gillette Guard.

It's a single blade cartridge Gillette, marketed in India. I used for for many months this year and it's as.good as any DE shave. The cartridges (and handle) can be had on eBay the cheapest. Cartridges cost about $0.25 each, if purchased in 100.piece.
VAT and shipping cost to where I live would make the savings obselete, P&G markets a few Trac ii- alikes here like the Gillette Blue ii and the Nacet ii which he tried and determined that he genuinely likes the pivoting head of the MACH 3.
Edit : it appears that the guard also has a a pivoting head,interesting. Might want to investigate if I could aquire some for him to try out at a reasonable price,thank you!

Be glad you have a father around to argue with about his shaving brush -- mine has been gone nearly 50 years now, passed away when I was 20.

I'd buy him a new one, but just leave it somewhere he can see it. He might get tempted and use it! He may be happy with his worn out one though....

Be glad you have a father around to argue with about his shaving brush -- mine has been gone nearly 50 years now, passed away when I was 20.

I'd buy him a new one, but just leave it somewhere he can see it. He might get tempted and use it! He may be happy with his worn out one though....
I'm 20 myself and I couldn't begin to think about losing him,I'll start looking through a different lens thanks to you sir,already shopping around for a new one!

Option two is don't go to war over his brush if man (your dad) is happy with what he has. Respect him, respect his wishes, maybe the Brush he has he is satisfied with. Why replace brush if your happy.

Have a gentleman I know who could buy and sell most people were I live, and still have moola in bank. He is a Car, and Watch Guy. Has the finest of both in many numbers.

He also is Cigar Smoker, and the only Cigar he enjoys a $1.00, and change special call Trader Jacks.
Guy could afford anything, but likes his ElCheapo Cigars. NO CRIME, his personal choice.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I like some of the ideas being provided.

Why not just leave some of "your" new gear at his house. *wink wink* Brush, razor, blades, soaps, AS etc...
He might even be tempted to try some of the stuff.

Top Bottom