What's new

My Citrus Obsession

Wholly Kaw Lav Sublime is in my list of top scents.

Other top citric/citrus scented soaps which are in my collection include Grooming Dept Citric, Grooming Dept Frankinlime, Grooming Dept Barbershop, Sudsy Soapery Uplift, Stirling Iced Pineapple, THB Tangerine Creeper, Zingari Man The Magician (orange blossom), B&M Seville, Razorock The Dead Sea, Mike's Lime, Ethos Pineapple Noir (Succes), Lisa's Doc Holiday (tangerine), Grooming Dept Encens Agrumes, B&M Nordost and Declaration Grooming Trismegistus.

Ethos has just introduced a Lime collaboration with CBL that I do no have.
I wasn’t crazy about Lav Sublime when I first got it. But now that the weather has changed, I love it. It’s the product that has made me start thinking about seasonal scents.

So thanks to the many recommendations in this thread I've sought out some samples of those mentioned. Unfortunately, I couldn't find aftershave samples of Black Ship so I ordered the soaps to get an idea of the scents. Soaps were Thomas Tew, Captain Scurvy, Blackbeard, MDC Agrumes, and Lav Sublime. Also nabbed Nordost AS, and Myrsol Lemon AS, among a few others.

I don't find any of the Black Ship soaps to be Lime forward in scent, (Not in the Castle Forbes or Trumpers sense). However, I do really like them. Scent aside, I was blown away by the performance of Blackbeard. There's some heavy moisturizing going on post shave. My face was soft as butter. Can't wait to try the others. Myrsol lemon is a homerun. It fades really fast but the scent is awesome and the face feel is great. I'll be getting a full size asap.

Sadly, I was disappointed with Nordost. I had high hopes for this one. Top notes were nice, but the dry down just didn't agree with me. To my nose, it had a musky flowery/patchouli scent that reminded me of Floid Vigaroso. Another, I tried to like but they just remind me of my grandmas perfume. Probably has to do with my skin PH.

Anyway, sorry for the book length reply. Keep those suggestions coming!! I thank you, even if my wallet does not!

Top Bottom