What's new

MWF or Tabac

Which do you prefer? MWF or Tabac

• Tabac

• MWF

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is no question for me...MWF hands down.

Tabac is a mediocre soap in all areas except one...Scent, for that it wins as the most atrocious.

MWF hands down.
I have bought both stick and soap bowl of Tabac and was the worst soap blind buy ever:thumbdown.
Really i don´t know why is so high rated...

Can't we vote for both?

I will never e without MWF, Tabac and Cella!!!! All 3 have great qualities.

Today I will vote for Tabac... tomorrow???

I instead purchased Jack Black based on smell because :w00t: it smells fantastic, citrus heavenly happiness. The only problem however is the lather is very sudsy, maybe a problem with my hard water?

I know where YOU went!

The lady there gave me several Jack Black samples, and I decided to use some today on top of some Colonel Conk's soap. I had a LOT of lather from that combo, but as you say, it was pretty sudsy. Not sure what to think of that.

I started to use Tabac on top of the soap, but somehow I chickened out! Maybe it just didn't seem "appropriate"! :laugh:

I think I've said this before on these forums, tabac smells like urinal cakes (lollies or whatever you call them). It is easy to lather, but it irritates the skin by the 3rd pass. I used it this morning, and unfortunately the scent is still lingering. I've been using it a lot lately just so that I wont have it any longer. And I still can't get over the opinion that it is well packaged. I took mine out of the bowl because it looks so cheap and tacky - mass produced. There's just nothing about it. And I hate to think of the horrendous chemicals that must be used to print that glossy box, along with the transparent plastic. MWF's packaging is much more humble, and IMHO much more classy.

I'm on my 2nd puck of MWF, and it is definitely a bit finicky. It pays to work out one's method and stick to it, rather than switching as I have done, from bowl to face, and back again, and again... I think I'll try and stick to bowl lathering from now since it's much easier to see and hear the difference between a good and mediocre lather.

MWF - better for scent and post feel
Tabac - better lather, better slickness. Overall better performer.

I’ve never tried Tabac, so I can’t compare. When I found The Fat, I just knew it was the one. I get a good slick foundation even if I don’t get a good lather. I love the stuff.

If you like Tabac, go for it. The smell is a transient thing. Once you apply your aftershave or EDT and walk out of your shave den, the smell is gone, so what does scent matter?

That's like asking a parent to choose his favourite child - both are great soaps. Tabac by a whisker for me, as it's easier to lather and I like the scent.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I wouldn't have begun the thread asking the question; I simply would have bought two of each soap back in April.

Top Bottom