What's new

MWF or Tabac

Which do you prefer? MWF or Tabac

• Tabac

• MWF

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is like asking witch one of my kids I love most :sneaky2:

But I must say Tabac because it to me appears slicker, and I love the scent :biggrin1:
This was my initial reaction- like asking about my kids or grandkids.

MWF and Tabac are both nice, just very different. Tabac is a breeze to lather, MWF leaves my face a bit better off. I happen to like the Tabac scent, but it is strong for a soap. Over the years, MWF has been a daily driver for me for months at a time and always performed well. I tried a few times but didn't enjoy using Tabac daily for more than a few days. I've found there are better performing artisan soaps made today, but years ago MWF was one of the few readily available here in the US that at low-cost that provided a consistent, terrific, luxury shave experience without having a "big" scent.

IMHO- for one-off shaves, MWF and Tabac are basically tied. As a daily diver MWF would win.

Tabac is the clear winner for me in regards to ease of lather and lather quality. It also holds up perfectly after 4 full passes.

I like the scent of MWF more, but that's about where it ends

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
MWF for me, tried Tabac recently, but the scent reminds me of the tissues my mum carried around in her handbag when I was a kid and wiped my face with no matter how much I protested, but I have my MWF in a small 3017 rotation because it is my oldest soap (from May 2019)

My vote goes to Tabac... I don't want bother myself trying to lather MWF.
In consideration there are many tutorial videos :wacko:"how to lather MWF", I can easily say Tabac is a proper soap, easy to lather, provides slick and protective lather with a good post shave feel.

Scent of Tabac seems to be more polarizing.
If it were based solely on performance, I think Tabac would win it handedly.

Personally, I prefer Tabac, in terms of performance and scent.

Yeah I went with Tabac as well. Tough to beat the lather quality with any other soap at any price point. And I personally quite enjoy the scent, although I fully appreciate that it's not for everyone.

MWF and Tabac were two of the very first soaps I tried, and so they were head-to-head in my den for a few months with very few other options in the rotation at that time, and Tabac easily won the day and has become my go-to soap for years now. I've never even considered trying MWF again.

I enjoyed the simple scent of MWF, but didn't master the lather making with this soap. I wonder if I would have better results if I tried again now that I have a lot more experience with wet shaving in general and lather making specifically?

I was actually surprised at how close the vote was, to be honest. Even that could suggest to me that MWF might be worth another try.......

But I've had several years of wonderful shaves with Tabac. It would almost certainly be my desert island soap.

Shave well!

Tabac is my go to soap , I have made sure of that , I have 4 pucks and 12 sticks to work my way through ,
As for the scent , I like it but let it “mellow” a little by leaving the soap bowl uncovered and the scent diminishes over time .
Performance wise I haven’t found anything to beat it , especially for the price .

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
With the new reformulation of Tabac, I'm going to have to switch my vote and say go with MWF, unless you can be sure you are getting the Tallow version before it runs out of stock.

Early reporting is that the new Vegetable based Tabac does not lather well.

Tabac for me. I prefer the lather on Tabac. My go to old school soap is Tabac. My go to artisan soap is A&E.

They are so different.
Apples or oranges, which ones do you like better?

But I can say that MWF is no longer in my rotation, as I found other old-fashioned style soaps that took its place, while Tabac is so unique that it held on to its place.

Clearly not a scent for every day, but a scent that reminds my of my late dad who used it in the early ‘60s.

B.

Tabac stick with tallow.

P1130269.JPGP1130270.JPG

Top Bottom