What's new

MWF or Tabac

Which do you prefer? MWF or Tabac

• Tabac

• MWF

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am leaning more towards Tabac.....so I ended up voting for that.

Whatever wins in the end is what I will get.

Man, that was tough. No third option.

They are my two favorites with a couple others occasionally in the mix. After serious consideration, Tabac won by a hair.

For me MWF is unusable (lanolin is fine, but the lather does not agree with my way of shaving). So Tabac wins by default.

The Fat wins, no contest for me really. Other than the scent of Tabac which I love, the lather is meh. I get better glide with VDH but everything is perfect with MWF.

No reason to even consider Tabac IMO. MWF creates a great lather that not only produces a clean, close shave but also moisturizes you quite well.

On the other hand Tabac has a scent that, while some enjoy other's (myself included) find to be off putting.

I also find that Tabac dries rather quickly.

Again there really isn't a choice!

MWF, but let me tell you why. I started my 1 puck challenge with MWF and as I got to the very end I decided to try a few soaps out even though I planned on going a different route. I went down to a local shop that carries Tabac and personally didn't care for the scent so I didn't pull the trigger. I am sure Tabac is a great soap but I have a finicky nose, so if I don't like the scent no thanks. I instead purchased Jack Black based on smell because :w00t: it smells fantastic, citrus heavenly happiness. The only problem however is the lather is very sudsy, maybe a problem with my hard water?

Anyways I also order some Pre de Provence because I hear it's great with straight razor shaving, wicked good soap nice lather. I would say as good as MWF if not better but the soap reminds of me being in church with the priest swinging the incense smell, and for some reason that just doesn't add to the Zen of shaving for me :lol: So what did I do? I ordered another puck of MWF and also some Cella the $12.00 one, and also a bar of MWF bath soap to boot. MWF just works and it works well. The Cella was because it has almond and my SWMBO really likes almond scents. Plus for $13.00 bucks on MWF you just can not complain for what you pay and what you get. So far it's the best soap to date that I have used for both DE and Straight shaving. As long as Lanolin doesn't bother you I say give it a whirl, if it doesn't mix well sell it on the BST forum like I will be doing with Jack Black and Pre de Provence in the next few days.

Good Luck and Happy Shaving :thumbup:

IMO the scent stuff is completely overblown. The smell quickly disappears with continual use.

MWF is better. Provides a closer shave with better skincare.

Wow. Right now it's 32 votes to 32 votes. Of course you had to pick the two soaps that are most doted over. :laugh: (besides Cella anyhow..)

I chose Tabac as it should be in everyones den for its scent, packaging, and performance. It is just a great classic soap.

You really should have both though. I gravitated toward Tabac when I got both in a big soap buy, but once I figured out MWF they get their fair share of shaves.

I grated my MWF into a stick and get more consistent shaves from it now, but YMMV.

Wow. Right now it's 32 votes to 32 votes. Of course you had to pick the two soaps that are most doted over. :laugh: (besides Cella anyhow..)

I did a Cella vs MWF a few months back and the winner was Cella!

I want to see which comes out on top this time.

If TABAC wins...I am going to post up a poll on:

TABAC vs CELLA!!

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

MWF. It's one of just a couple of soaps that I'm almost certain to re-stock, once I run out. As for Tabac, I'll use up what I've got, then probably never buy it again. The smell is weak enough to be tolerable, but it amazes me that some find it pleasant.

Wow! 36 - 35 in favor of Tabac so far. This is like the state supreme court race here in Wisconsin. Will there a be a re-count? :a45:

Thankfully soaps aren't as polarizing as politicians.

Notwithstanding smell and ease of lathering, let's just look at the quality of the shave: MWF wins, as it provides a great cushion and enough glide, whereas Tabac provides almost no cushion and barely enough glide.

Now considering the more trivial aspects: scent goes to MWF and ease of lathering is tied.

Top Bottom