What's new

Mwf Lather-making Help

Going to use my first puck of Mitchell's Woolfat in morning. Have read here that it's tricky to get good lather (soap/water) ratio without experimenting. My water is kind of hard. Can I hear some of your methods, please?. I always face lather with soaps and bowl lather with creams but I'm adaptable. Thanks.

I start with a pretty dry brush and swirl the brush on the soap for about a minute. Then without adding any water to the brush, I apply a thin layer of soap all over my beard and then start face lathering, dipping the tips of the brush in water until the lather is to my liking.

I start with a pretty dry brush and swirl the brush on the soap for about a minute. Then without adding any water to the brush, I apply a thin layer of soap all over my beard and then start face lathering, dipping the tips of the brush in water until the lather is to my liking.

Exactly! This is one of two soaps that I strictly face lather with. You can lather it up but its finicky.

Its strange to hear all the folks who have a hard time with this soap, I find it lathers great, somewhere in between Institute Karite (a little harder) and Tabac (look at it and think "brush" and it starts to lather).

I never have had a problem either. The soap is soft but to move things along a bit I still add a bit of water to the top of it for a few minutes. It makes loading the brush a little easier. As has already been said this is one soap that seems made for face lathering but if you want to get things going in a bowl, just pour a little of the soapy water from on top of the soap into your lathering bowl and get the lather started that way. To recharge the brush just dip the tips into your rinse water and you should be good for another pass or two. MWF is really not that difficult. I had more trouble with Tabac at first than I did MWF. Its worth whatever little extra time it takes. Good luck

No problem here either but I wasn't stingy about using product this time. Just make sure your brush is fully loaded, not just rubbed on the soap for a few rotations. I would face lather as others suggest, that should eliminate a problem with too much water being added. The only downside, if you can even call it that, is the scent. It is nothing special, just a nice clean soapy scent, IMO.

Top Bottom