What's new

Must haves from Crabtree & Evelyn?

The creams are decent, the Sweet Almond is my favourite in terms of shaving properties - smells more floral than almond.

Take a pass on the shaving soaps - mediocre at best.

I agree on the Sweet Almond Oil cream. However, I also like the SAO soap as well. I have stashed several away. I also like the Seinna soap a lot and used it today. I like the scent and don't have problems getting a good lather from either soap. I rate them slightly below the AOS soaps I have in terms of easy to make lather, but for $5 (Almond) or $8 (Seinna, Nomad, Sandlewood) I'll keep using them. And, while I like the AOS soap too, I'm not going to spend $24 + shipping for another AOS cake.

Soaps is another shaving area that is truely YMMV!

My favourite product is the ASB - Nomad or Sandalwood.

The creams are decent, the Sweet Almond is my favourite in terms of shaving properties - smells more floral than almond.

Take a pass on the shaving soaps - mediocre at best.

Too true. Have fun and happy hunting!

Yes, pick up a C&E Best Badger Brush. I started with a Vulfix and I found the C&E BBB to be better all around everyday brush. It works really well with both creams and soaps (the Vulfix is just to floppy for soaps). The handle on the C&E brush is, in my opinion, its only fault; it is a bit on the small side.

Yes, definitely get the brush, but be careful that it is the BEST BADGER BRUSH, not the "pure badger brush". They are both $35, but the best badger is far superior. I mention this because the salespeople get the two confused, and the boxes get mixed up as well. The best badger does not have the metal ring where the bristles enter the handle. If you end up getting a new brush, it would be a good idea to get the inexpensive plastic stand for it too if you don't already have something.

I started out with a (used) Vulfix Grosvenor, but have abandoned it for the C&E best. I'm sure there are better brushes out there, but I am living in blissful ignorance now. It is a joy to use.

I am a fan of the Nomad cream (plus my wife loves it - a big plus), with it's woodsy, spicy, and slightly citrus scents. It comes in a box with the winding key mentioned upthread. The matching balm is nice, too.

Have fun, and come back to tell us what you bought!

The best badger brush is $35, if they have one. I bought one, and they gave me an unopened box. Luckily I opened it in the parking lot and found they had actually given me the pure badger - not as nice. They may or may not have one.
I have tried all the fragrances. The SAO is nice, and I have used both the soap and the cream and found both work well. My favorite is the Sienna soap. The Nomad fragrance was a little much for me. The Sandalwood is not bad, I have a puck (for $8, it is one of the cheaper triple milled soaps out there), but Sandalwood is not my favorite fragrance. The creams are nice, but significantly more expensive.
When I was in my local store the other day, the sales lady told me they were coming out the next day with a new shave cream in the naturals line - fragrance free, other than the natural fragrance of the ingredients. I don't know if anybody has seen this yet or tried it. I may go back for a sample.

Well I was just at the Galleria this afternoon. I went into the C&E to get a BBB and some sandalwood soap. Unfortunately I think I may have gotten the last Best Badger Brush.:frown: The lady behind the counter tried to give me a Pure (which costs the same) and it wasn't until I was checking out that I noticed. We scoured the store and finally found a BBB. Apparently they just received a big shipment of Pure brushes, like ~50, but no additional Best Badger Brushes. So make the clerk dig around and make sure you are getting the Best, not the Pure.

They also have a Body Shop and a L'Occitane at the Galleria. I checked out the Bath and Body Works as well but they didn't have the Bigelow Shave cream.

spiffy

When I was in my local store the other day, the sales lady told me they were coming out the next day with a new shave cream in the naturals line - fragrance free, other than the natural fragrance of the ingredients. I don't know if anybody has seen this yet or tried it. I may go back for a sample.

I tried a sample of that stuff "Essentials for Men". It says on the website that it's a low lather formula. I couldn't make lather with it at all. I'll stick with the Nomad cream.

the naturals range 'post shave relief'. Not only does it come with the funky winding key, but its fantastic! I would eat this stuff if i could, bathe in it, run away to a tropical island with it!
:em2200:
(im also using their sienna soap at the moment, which isnt bad)

I just bought for $65 a C&E super badger brush. Did a BAD! but I need a new brush because the one I have (Vulfix 2234S) and this looked like a pretty good deal considering it was $95 new??????

Thanks,
Richard

I tried a sample of that stuff "Essentials for Men". It says on the website that it's a low lather formula. I couldn't make lather with it at all. I'll stick with the Nomad cream.

I tried this shave cream this morning. I was very sceptical at first. The sale woman said to use my fingers instead of a brush to spread on my face. It has a thick consistency. I was pleasantly surprise but the slickness and moisturing effect of the cream. Very soothing too. No irritation at all. My face felt very smooth and hydrated after the shave. I must say that it is not my cup of tea though. I can't imagine putting my brush aside. But I might use it as a pre-shave since it is so slick and moisturising. It definitely worth a try.

I also try a couple samples of the Naturals ASB and it is a very good product too. It is on my must have list.

The daily scrub in the same line is also very good. I use it everyday before shaving for the last three months and like it alot. It is not a powerfull scrub. It's very mild and can be use twice a day. It's a non-drying formula and gives a good cleansing.

I hope the will offer a West Indian Lime shave cream. The cologne is fantastic!

In one trip to C&E I bought the following:
Sandalwood Cream and ASB
Nomad Soap
Best Badger Brush for $35

Last night I bought the Sandalwood Soap and Cologne online. The cologne had really high ratings under reviews. If you look around you can find a coupon for $10 off an order over $50.

Top Bottom