What's new

Must haves from Crabtree & Evelyn?

I'm new to wetshaving and have only tried a vulfix brush, merkur 1904, and a fatboy. I've tried CO Bigalow cream, a classic shaving soap and Aqua Velva ice balm. I live nowhere near a Crabtree and Eveyln but I'm going to Houston tomorrow and staying at the Galleria where they have one. Is there anything that I should absolutely pick up and try? I'm looking at their traveling shaving brush as I plan on doing more and more of that. Are they any good? Any good pre-shaves?

Thanks

Yes, pick up a C&E Best Badger Brush. I started with a Vulfix and I found the C&E BBB to be better all around everyday brush. It works really well with both creams and soaps (the Vulfix is just to floppy for soaps). The handle on the C&E brush is, in my opinion, its only fault; it is a bit on the small side.

I have trouble deciding which scent is best--Sienna, Sandlewood, or Nomad. So I rotate. Judging from the levels of cream left in the jars, I'd have to say that Sienna is the winner.

I think there sienna line is there smoothest shave , and the scent isn't that bad either . Although there new lime scent is very very nice .

Get one of those nifty key things that goes on the bottom of toothpaste, shave cream, etc tubes and makes sure you use every last drop. It's great :)

Plus to all the above, with some additional info:

1. If you buy C&E's natural aftershave balm in a tube, you'll get the key free (check the box to be sure it's inside). I like the balm - it's light and supposed to be "unscented", but I detect a very faint, nice citrus scent.

2. All the C&E shaving products are good. Some have said that the scent of Nomad is a little off-putting at first, but they eventually like it.

3. If you're not sure, ask for samples. Most C&E stores are fine with samples.

My favourite product is the ASB - Nomad or Sandalwood.

The creams are decent, the Sweet Almond is my favourite in terms of shaving properties - smells more floral than almond.

Take a pass on the shaving soaps - mediocre at best.

My favourite product is the ASB - Nomad or Sandalwood.

The creams are decent, the Sweet Almond is my favourite in terms of shaving properties - smells more floral than almond.

Take a pass on the shaving soaps - mediocre at best.

Gotta agree on all three points. The Sweet Almond in the glass jar adds a real touch of class to the bathroom.

Happy shopping

Cheers

Jeremy

The C&E pure badger travel brush was my first badger, and I find myself using it quite a bit. The handle is small, but it's a solid brush.

+1 on the Sienna cream in the tube. Mine came with the key, which is an added bonus. Gets every last drop. Being that this is the only cream I've used, I don't know how it holds up to others, but the scent is very nice, very masculine.

I have the Nomad creme, shave soap, shower gel, ASB and bar soap. So far it is my favorite scent in terms of shaving products - I can't seem to get enough.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I might try a tube of the Sienna. The glass jars look nice but I'll have to put this in checked baggage and would rather not risk it. There are two best badger brushes listed on their website, a $65 ebony one and a $35 ivory one. Which are you guys talking about?

It would surprise me if they had a best badger brush for $35. That is the cost of their pure badger/plastic ivory handle brush, which I understand to be an Edwin Jagger product. I suspect their best badger brush is $65.

It would surprise me if they had a best badger brush for $35. That is the cost of their pure badger/plastic ivory handle brush, which I understand to be an Edwin Jagger product. I suspect their best badger brush is $65.

They have an ivory-plastic handled $35 brush that is Best Badger. (and is an Edwin Jagger)
The $65 one is the same brush, but with an ebony and nickel handle.

I really like their best badger brush.

C&E's Sandalwood is a great cologne. I personally cannot see myself using it super often, but I do enjoy the scent, and it has all-day staying power. Paired with Old Space as an AS, the scent combo lulls me to relaxation all day long. And when SWMBO gets wind of it....! :lol:

The Sandalwood shaving soap, with a nice scent, is horrible to shave with IMO. I can't use it, and it has found a new home in the shower. Very dry and sticky to shave with, regardless of water input. If the others are like this, I'd say avoid them entirely.

Personally, I like the smell of Nomad on my hubby. :001_wub: He uses the shave soap and I just bought him the matching cologne for Valentine's.

Top Bottom