What's new

Musgo Real Lime Basil

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used the before some years ago and I used it this morning. This is a good cream and I think the lanolin in it allows you to get more of a smooth shave. I got more basil than I did lime, but I still like it. I used Stirling's lime aftershave and I the basil overpowered it. Neither lasted very long, but I still enjoyed the cream and aftershave. They both good with the warmer weather.

How are Musgo Real so expensive is beyond my comprehension. They are grocery store level quality cosmetics.

But yeah, light citrus scents are fleeting and herbs tend to overpower everything.

I think Lime Basil is discontinued.

Yes, it is.
So is Lavender.

What’s remaining is Oak Moss, Spiced Citrus, Orange Amber, and Classic of course.

As a (cheaper) substitute for their Lavender shaving cream I use Lavanda, also made by Ach Brito, the company behind Musgo Real.

Musgo Reals are lovely shaving creams, but the the way the prices rose from reasonable to off-putting is remarkable.

B

So I came across this cream by chance and really, really like the scent and performance. Unfortunately it has been discontinued. I emailed the company and they confirmed. I immediately purchased 4 tubes on Ebay and have them in back-stock. I've tried all of their other scents and wasn't impressed. The one exception is the "Classic" scent which I think is delightful. Why they discontinued Lime and Basil I'll never know. Such a great and unusual scent and different than any other cream out there. Oh well... My current favorites are:

1. TOBS Jermyn St. mild but heavenly scent.
2. St. James of London Patchouli and Mandarin (even if you don't like patchouli, this is an amazing scent)
3. Cyril Salter Wild Rose (actually smells like roses, not church lady perfume. Great protection.
4. Proraso Green and Blue. Green is a barbershop classic and the blue has amazing protection and intriguing scent.
5. Kent Mentholated- this is really great stuff and underrepresented in the forums
6. Also a shout out to Duke Canyon cooling balm. I don't like sandalwood but this is a menthol, sandalwood and bergamot scent that really comes across nicely. Can't say enough about it. Non-greasy formula, wonderful scent and a proper menthol kick that works perfectly

Anyway, just my Saturday morning forum post. Enjoy shaving fellas (and lassies). Its nice personal time that we need to help set the tone for a sometimes hectic day.

I always considered Musgo Real superior to other shaving creams and one only needs a little product for an excellent shave.

Musgo Real Lime Basil was a particular favourite of mine and I am sad that it was discontinued, but am not in the least surprised when shavers are deterred by Musgo Real prohibitive pricing and turn towards other brands.

B

Yes, it is.
So is Lavender.

What’s remaining is Oak Moss, Spiced Citrus, Orange Amber, and Classic of course.

As a (cheaper) substitute for their Lavender shaving cream I use Lavanda, also made by Ach Brito, the company behind Musgo Real.

Musgo Reals are lovely shaving creams, but the the way the prices rose from reasonable to off-putting is remarkable.

B
Agreed, it's a good cream, but at current prices it should be presented like aqua di Parma.

Top Bottom