What's new

Musgo Real, is there anything better/as good?

In my somewhat limited aftershave experience, I've used some good products but with what I've used nothing has been as effective as Musgo Real, both the Splash and the Basalm. Is there anything out there that can compete?

IMHO no way. You can't beat 'the Musgo'. I think it's the fact they haven't changed their recipe or their manufacturing techniques in 100+ years that makes it so wonderful. Plus it makes your face smell like a freshly mowed lawn! you can't beat that :thumbup:

Except maybe NancyBoy.... but that's a whole different game there.

My face never feels or looks as good after a full Musgo range shave. The AS is the best I know, even a little better than Speick (And I hate to admit that).

In terms of efficacy, Musgo, Speick, and Proraso are the three alcohol-based splashes that work best for me. They're the only ones I've tried which leave my skin well enough moisturized that I don't need to follow up with a balm.

My face never feels or looks as good after a full Musgo range shave. The AS is the best I know, even a little better than Speick (And I hate to admit that).

WOW...I truly never thought I would see the day when you would Speick those words!!

Regards,

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"

:eek: (no words.... just :eek: )

Let me tell you why I disagree. Although I do love a nice shave with Musgo, I find the A/S tends to leave my face a little tacky because my skin type would be normal to oily. Whereas the Speick is perfect for my skin, the scent I prefer to that of Musgo and the healing qualities of Speick are truly exceptional.

It is unfortunate to pit these two products against each other as both are great performers. But for me, the Speick gets the nod.

Johnniegold
Speick-en Sie Deutsches :wink:

In terms of efficacy, Musgo, Speick, and Proraso are the three alcohol-based splashes that work best for me. They're the only ones I've tried which leave my skin well enough moisturized that I don't need to follow up with a balm.

I must agree...those three are my favorite spalshes..because they WORK!

Regards,

Yeah, I have not come across anything as good. I really must try Speick though. And Proraso. (Can I admit, I have never, with all the hundreds of products I've tried, used a single Proroso product?)

-Mo

Musgo a/s Splash is the best splash out there. It's hands down the best smelling, and most efficacious. I wouldn't feel as if I was missing a thing if it were all I ever used.... and I have well over 50 aftershave splashes!

I have Speick, Alt-Innsbruck, All of the Floids, Pitralon, Booster, Taylors, DR Harris', etc - you name it, I've got it - and in my opinion the Musgo Real just hands them all a healthy plate of comeuppance!

In fact, I like it so much, I try not to use it too often, as for me it is such a special treat! :biggrin:

Yeah, I have not come across anything as good. I really must try Speick though. And Proraso. (Can I admit, I have never, with all the hundreds of products I've tried, used a single Proroso product?)

-Mo

Why is that Mo? I'm really curious.

Regards,

Musgo a/s Splash is the best splash out there. It's hands down the best smelling, and most efficacious. I wouldn't feel as if I was missing a thing if it were all I ever used.... and I have well over 50 aftershave splashes!

I have Speick, Alt-Innsbruck, All of the Floids, Pitralon, Booster, Taylors, DR Harris', etc - you name it, I've got it - and in my opinion the Musgo Real just hands them all a healthy plate of comeuppance!

In fact, I like it so much, I try not to use it too often, as for me it is such a special treat! :biggrin:

I haven't tried as many nor do I have as many as Joel,(my wife would be upset to say the least if I did) but I also find myself saving my Musgo for whatever reason.

Regards,

Why is that Mo? I'm really curious.

You know, it's a funny thing. There is really no good reason. I guess the smell of the cream never sounded that appealing. I keep meaning to give it a go though..... And the splash sounds like fairly good stuff. Dunno.

-Mo

Musgo is one of my favorites. Not only does it work great, I ALWAYS get a reaction from my wife when I wear it.

Through the years, there are only two that stand out soothing and conditioning my skin like no other.

Musgo Real
Proraso

I just wish they would have left the AS formula the way it was. It was perfect and simple. But no, they had to follow everyone else and reformulate. I'm dreading having to try the new stuff.

Chris

I just wish they would have left the AS formula the way it was. It was perfect and simple. But no, they had to follow everyone else and reformulate. I'm dreading having to try the new stuff.

Chris

Chris,
Good news.... the only thing that is new is the bottle. The stuff inside is the same. :smile:

I tired it for the first time today and relly liked it and the smell seems to last longer than the other after shaves (the few that i have tried).

Top Bottom