What's new

Musgo Real cream

I'm in love with this wonderful cream in a tube. Pricey compared with most, but very luxurious shaves. I noticed one seller said to take a small amount and rub over your wet face, then face lather with a damp brush. I've never done this before but tried it today. Superb, even in my hard water area.

Musgo is one of my favorite shaving creams and I always have a few tubes on hand. It's very easy to build a super slick, great smelling lather with any of Musgo's creams and the post shave is fantastic due to the lanolin.

Years ago, I used to buy Musgo Real creams for around $14 or $15 per tube, whereas the last time I bought a tube, I paid $22. Even when it was less expensive, I felt that I was using a premium cream, but at a bargain price.

It’s good stuff. The balm is nice too.

6067393E-D753-459D-8603-43502A5E2A14.jpeg

Musgo Real is an excellent product.
It is pricey, but - as you mentioned - one needs only a small amount.
I don’t use it too often, as I have (too) many shaving soaps and creams that I like and that work very well for me, but I always enjoy a shave with Musgo Real.

The After Shaves and Eau de Colognes are excellent too, the only beef I have with the Musgo Real atomiser is that the mist is too fine and irritates my windpipe. (I have to hold me breath when using it and inhale from the opposite direction.)

I have several Musgo Real scents, but the one that I like the best is the Classic and the Orange Amber scent and the one that I miss the most is the Lime Basil scent that was sadly discontinued.

I am aware that some people rub a small amount of shaving cream across their face and than build the lather right there. It may be face-lathering in its purest form, but I do what I have seen barbers do all my life and that is squeeze a small amount into the brush and take it from there…

B.

And for anybody who does not like Ach. Brito Musgo Real prices, there is Ach. Brito Lavanda that contains lanolin too.
Think of it as low cost Musgo Real with a scent that is nice but not quite as intriguing. :biggrin1:

B.
I've never tried the Lavanda, but Ach Brito's Mogno is another less expensive lanolin rich alternative to the Musgo Real creams.

I've never tried the Lavanda, but Ach Brito's Mogno is another less expensive lanolin rich alternative to the Musgo Real creams.
It certainly is, even if it costs almost twice as much as humble Lavanda that has been a dependable go-to shaving cream in Portuguese stores for ages.

The catch is that Ach. Brito does not longer show Mogno shaving cream on their website (other Mogno products, incl. the shaving soap are still shown), which could be an indication that they pulled it from the market.

This is one of the cases where I would not mind being proven wrong…

B.

With all due respect to you Musgo cream lovers at one time I enjoyed it too but then one morning I just didn’t. I tried it again the following morning and I started to hate it. This was the Classic version which I think smells very nice and I agree that it lathers superbly but the lack of skincare is what turned me off. The Classic aftershave smells beautiful, I must admit.

Rick

With all due respect to you Musgo cream lovers at one time I enjoyed it too but then one morning I just didn’t. I tried it again the following morning and I started to hate it. This was the Classic version which I think smells very nice and I agree that it lathers superbly but the lack of skincare is what turned me off. The Classic aftershave smells beautiful, I must admit.

Rick
That hasn't been my experience. My face always feels extra soft and supple after I use one of their creams and I would assume that it's the lanolin in the product. I'm sure the glycerin, coconut oil and Jojoba oil don't hurt either, but any time I use a soap or shaving cream that contains lanolin, my face feels great and Musgo is no exception.

That hasn't been my experience. My face always feels extra soft and supple after I use one of their creams and I would assume that it's the lanolin in the product. I'm sure the glycerin, coconut oil and Jojoba oil don't hurt either, but any time I use a soap or shaving cream that contains lanolin, my face feels great and Musgo is no exception.
It really is a case of YMMV

Rick

I was at a small store earlier this year, not the sort of place you'd go to find shaving stuff. They had a huge supply of the orange cream for $15. I bought one tube. I might have to go back and see what they have left.

Top Bottom