What's new

Musgo Real Classic shave cream

I'm almost finished with my tube of Classic (green tube). Got one or two more shaves left in it.

I've got an old stash of classic tubes, so I haven't bought any new ones for a while; hence, things might be different now. But the classic tubes I have are white, with black lettering and green stripes. The boxes are green. Has the tube color changed?

I can't believe how expensive musgo real products are. I almost don't want to try a the cream because the aftershave splash and balm are $70 for both.

The splash is very economical, though. I use about a drop at a time, cut with water: use two and it is too sticky. I may never need to buy another bottle.

I've got an old stash of classic tubes, so I haven't bought any new ones for a while; hence, things might be different now. But the classic tubes I have are white, with black lettering and green stripes. The boxes are green. Has the tube color changed?

I think they may have redesigned their tubes.

I can't believe how expensive musgo real products are. I almost don't want to try a the cream because the aftershave splash and balm are $70 for both.
Why run the balsam when you have the splash? No need. Use an unscented balm after. The balsam is just okay but the Classic splash is a must own

Just a tube redesign to match the new scents packaging. Thus, when you see the holiday packs with the white tube and off centered cork label on the a/s, you know that is old stock.

I just ordered a tube of what I assume is the new scent. Solid green tube. I am hoping it is a class act cream, as I am still searching for a favorite shaving cream. So far Trumpers GFT is my favorite. I'm glad I saw this thread, I've been wanting to try Musgo Real, since I heard about it before.

I just ordered a tube of what I assume is the new scent. Solid green tube.

If I understand what others have said, the green tube is the newer packaging of the classic (that is to say, old) scent. The packaging redesign was done at the time Musgo introduced other, new scents for their creams (lavender, oak moss, etc.), but the classic scent has not changed. At least I certainly hope it has not, because the classic Musgo cream scent is about as straight-up, awesome, barbershop as it gets.

I could tell no difference between white tube and green tube during the transition.
Many vendors are using old stock photos.

I have confirmed all my stock are green tubes

I have received my tube of Musgo Real today. Had my first shave with it a few minutes ago, and I like it so far. It lathers great, (I'm a face latherer ) and the smell is good too. I'm pretty impressed so far. I didn't know it until I read the tube, that this is also a brushless cream. That's a plus if I ever travel with it. All in all I think it is a keeper!

A sample of the classic musgo real cream arrived with a recent b/s/t purchase. I'm so impressed!! Doubt I can get a 2nd shave out of the sample so its time to place an order. Is there a concensus on their best scent?

i received 3 cream samples: musgo real and 2 DR Harris'. I've never used any of them. Just by looking at the cream I could tell the musgo was the real deal...its so shiny & slick, and reminds me of Cremo Cream but somehow better.

A sample of Kiehls shave cream 15 years ago got me to stop using canned goo. Ever since I've been looking for the best cream, and I think Musgo is it. Over the years I've tried most everything and they all work, but the musgo lather really stands out amongst the crowd.

DE, it is a great cream. I would go with the Classic. Although, I love some of the other scents, I find the texture not as desirable as the slick, shiny classic

Jinx
I hear ya brother. Musgo Classic splash is my favorite aftershave. I can't be without it and have never found anything on the cheapish side that remotely comes close. So I bite the bullet and keep a supply on hand. I got some at Beauty.com for $22 recently. at that price though high, it is 10 bucks cheaper than elsewhere.

DoctorDial

I use the original white tube cream and really like the way it holds water, It's good stuff. It does not remotely smell like the splash but as mentioned goes well with it. I Have not tried the others flavors. It is not a must have as the classic splash is. Musgo hater's, send my your classic splash!! :001_tt1:

Well, I am several shaves into my tube of Musgo Real Classic, and unfortunately, even though I like the way it lathers, and the great scent, my face is becoming sore, dry, and small red spots are showing up. I assume I am allergic to something in it. Too bad too, because I really liked this cream. The scent is great too. I guess that is the way of it sometimes.

The scent is the only thing I really like from the Musgo Real. Performance is just average, the tube has an impractical cap (too narrow, like a mustard tube), and the price is too high. I also don't like cheesy slogans like "Capture the old world feeling when you lather up with Musgo Real Shave Cream", which is clearly aimed at American tourists. Also, they claim on the packaging "Natural color of the product without addition of dyes." and then if you look at the ingredients list, the synthetic azo dyes are right there.

Well, I am several shaves into my tube of Musgo Real Classic, and unfortunately, even though I like the way it lathers, and the great scent, my face is becoming sore, dry, and small red spots are showing up. I assume I am allergic to something in it. Too bad too, because I really liked this cream. The scent is great too. I guess that is the way of it sometimes.

I have the same issue if I run all Musgo, all the time. No problems with the a/s splash but I can't run the Classic cream very often. I must have an issue with lanolin

Just gave the 3017 to a tub of TOBS Sandalwood and have been anxious to go back to some of my old favorites that I haven't used in a while. MR is at the top of that list ... well I'm going to do a few shave with the red Proraso Sandalwood just to compare it to the TOBS Sandalwood while that impression is still fresh on my mind. Right after that it will be MR's turn.

Top Bottom