What's new

Muhle vs Edwin Jaggar synthetic 25 mm photo comparison

Muhle on the left.

The Edwin Jaggar is about half the price.

I think I like the EJ better but just received it this weekend. The handle is a little taller and it's not quite as floppy.

Attachments

• 20200622_134709.jpg
    20200622_134709.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
The EJ XL is my favorite brush!
The way it actually feels AND responds looks a silvertip badger brush is quite amazing!

There's no other synthetic brush that has actually achieved this.

If I don't apply pressure, it splays a little and the more I push down, it really starts opening up and enveloping the face, just like an actual silvertip badger!

I also have the STF v1, which isn't as soft at the tips but it literally feels like a two band with some scrub!

For anyone considering an STF, I would definitely recommend the 25mm XL version over the 23mm. The luxury is on a different level!!

I just looked the EJ brush up on Connaught they list the loft at 58mm seems kind of high not to be pretty floppy. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious. I wonder if they have changed the loft specs over time.

I just looked the EJ brush up on Connaught they list the loft at 58mm seems kind of high not to be pretty floppy. Not trying to be argumentative, just curious. I wonder if they have changed the loft specs over time.

Mine is 57mm loft but the density is huge so it's not at all floppy! It responds on the face literally like an actual silvertip badger.

Muhle on the left.

The Edwin Jaggar is about half the price.

I think I like the EJ better but just received it this weekend. The handle is a little taller and it's not quite as floppy.
Just looking at the pic you posted, its not surprising the EJ isn't as floppy because it looks to be about 3-5mm lower in loft!!

I've been posting for years that people should by the EJ over the Muhle. They are cheaper as well. Most responses have been 'but they are the same knot and fibre'.

Ya can take your wife to Beachy Head but you can't make her jump.

I love the 25mm EJ. So much so that I had to order the 25mm muhle just to have the same knot in a bulb. I think muhle/EJ and Simpson are the best synthetics out there. I had an Evo but ended up selling it as I prefer these.
I don't find the EJ floppy whatsoever either. Mine has a 57mm loft.

Reactions: nav
I love the 25mm EJ. So much so that I had to order the 25mm muhle just to have the same knot in a bulb. I think muhle/EJ and Simpson are the best synthetics out there. I had an Evo but ended up selling it as I prefer these.
I don't find the EJ floppy whatsoever either. Mine has a 57mm loft.

I ordered a second EJ XL...in the black handle this time 😀

I love my EJ XL. I had Rudy Vey put a Muhle 25mm handle in a nice Persian Jar handle. It's a fantastic brush. I am moving toward boar at present, but that STF knot is the only synthetic I still use or would use going forward.

Looks like they're sold out everywhere now. I think the Muhle 25mm just became a collector's item.

The EJ version still in stock...which is my preferred out of the two anyway.

I like the 3mm lower loft and the fan shaped knot.

G&C said muhle will bring them back on the market. They are apparently making some "aesthetic" changes to their brushes.

The EJ version still in stock...which is my preferred out of the two anyway.

I like the 3mm lower loft and the fan shaped knot.

G&C said muhle will bring them back on the market. They are apparently making some "aesthetic" changes to their brushes.

Good to know! I may have to order one of the newer ones when they come out :)

Reactions: nav
Top Bottom