What's new

Muhle R96 Rocca Sold Out?

Hi All,

I've been looking at the Muhle R96 but notice that every website I visit shows them sold out. Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks Much

All I know is that production has yet again stopped for the Rocca and there is currently no timetable for when it will fire up again.

Personally I think Mühle had a terrible time with the Rocca. 3 Versions out already and still production issues.

Hi All,

I've been looking at the Muhle R96 but notice that every website I visit shows them sold out. Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks Much

This shows 40 available:
Muhle ROCCA Razor – R96 Stainless Steel Safety Razor – JET

I've seen that number change a few times over the last few weeks, both up and down, so I think the inventory is active.

I have the R96 Jet. It's a great razor. I'd used an R41 almost exclusively for the last four years before catching RAD again this summer while looking for something a little less intense than the R41. For my face, the Rocca is almost as efficient as the R41 while being significantly less likely to remove hide. It's a pleasure to handle and use, and a thing of beauty look at.

The R95 Birch Bark model hasn't been available on Muehle's site since I started watching it a couple of months ago. I originally wanted the Birch Bark because I'm a sucker for a pretty handle. But I found a deal too good to pass up on the Jet, and now I'm glad I have it instead. It's more impressive looking in person than in pictures, and its handling and shave quality have probably made my R41 permanently unemployed. I hope Muehle gets its act together and keeps making the Rocca. It's too good a razor to let die.

Connaught from UK, has the black and birch in stock.
A very good razor which I use almost every day. Clise and very comfortable.

They couldn't get it right and it was hurting their brand built on towers of zamak. So they stopped, again. Few black ones still in circulation.

The Rocca is alive on the Muule site. No sign of it being deceased!
It seems to me that rumours spring up on products being out of production.

The Rocca is alive on the Muule site. No sign of it being deceased!
It seems to me that rumours spring up on products being out of production.

That's just the black one's old stock. It's not in production anymore. Perhaps they will come up with v5 in 2020 that can hold a blade properly.

I bought the birch bark Rocca a couple of months ago at this site, MÜHLE Rocca Safety Razor

They claim to have one left (and I have no idea why a site dedicated to "ethical shopping for kids" sells razors).

I think the Rocca is a great (and great looking) DE razor. I get the closest shaves from any razor with my Rocca, but it does require a bit of concentration.

I wonder if this is a sign that yet another version (ver. 4) is in production. I hear nothing but good things about the ver. 3 though. For such a well-regarded razor, I'm just surprised that with the exception of a few websites, its being ghosted from the major sellers. Well. time will tell. Thanks for the informative responses.

That's just the black one's old stock. It's not in production anymore. Perhaps they will come up with v5 in 2020 that can hold a blade properly.
Connaught just got a new batch of birch and black-handled ones in stock, which seems a bit odd if they're not being made any more. Not impossible of course but where does that information come from?

Connaught just got a new batch of birch and black-handled ones in stock, which seems a bit odd if they're not being made any more. Not impossible of course but where does that information come from?

They were out of stock everywhere for months. I wonder if there's a v4. The v3 still had reported issues with the head.

They were out of stock everywhere for months. I wonder if there's a v4. The v3 still had reported issues with the head.
It says V3 on the product pages on Connaught's site. I thought they'd sorted the head issues out...that's not good to hear as I was thinking of picking one up. :(

It says V3 on the product pages on Connaught's site. I thought they'd sorted the head issues out...that's not good to hear as I was thinking of picking one up. :(

I think your risk is minimal with Connaught. If the head has issues they immediately dispatch checked good replacements from the UK distributor. Look up Rocca threads on ATG forum and the members experiences.

Connaught are excellent.
But No one has asked where the idea of them being discontinued has come from. Sorry, but these rumours about soaps As well, turn out to be false.

Sorry, I meant to say who said it was discontinued! Thanks
All I've seen is one post on another forum, with no source cited. Just someone saying "I've read they've been discontinued". I sent a message to Muhle via their Facebook page about 12 hours ago. They've read it and ignored me (so far).

Top Bottom