What's new

Mr. Bingle Presents: The Second Annual Reindeer & Sleigh Holiday Gift Exchange!

Only 23 hours into signups, and we already have 23 participants! If we keep it up, at this rate we'll have 336 participants by Nov 8! One could only hope!

Also, it looks like some of you are having a lot of fun with your wishlists!! I love it! Keep it up! And it would be lovely for you to take the time and follow KJ's suggestion of setting up your Wiki and adding the link to your Elfster page! What a great idea KJ!

I just wanted to thank [MENTION=91036]Mr Bingle[/MENTION] for figuring out how I can still participate in the exchange and not put myself out of the 2015 Annual restraint. He suggested only listing non-shaving items! Brilliant! :clap:

I just wanted to thank [MENTION=91036]Mr Bingle[/MENTION] for figuring out how I can still participate in the exchange and not put myself out of the 2015 Annual restraint. He suggested only listing non-shaving items! Brilliant! :clap:
Technically, The Exchange is a B&B Sponsored event. You're allowed to include Shaving Products on your list. It depends on your conscience! :)

After looking around on Elfster, I have a couple recommendations.

First of all, last year, I believe it was recommended that all participants create a personal Wiki Page on B&B. The B&B Wiki software is already set up for each user to have a wiki page, you just need to go in and populate it. You can just do a simple text list, or you can get fancy with the wiki code. Either way, the idea is if you list what you currently have in your den, then it gives your gifter (stalker) an idea of the type of things you like, and if they have a question about something you may have already, they can check your Wiki to verify. Here is a link to mine as An Example. How this pertains to Elfster, is that you can put your website into Elfster under your name and photo. I'd suggest putting a link to your wiki in that place.

Second, you have the option to follow people in Elfster, and get updates on their wishlists and such. I'd suggest NOT following whoever you get paired with, because you can see a list of everyone that is following you. And we want to keep it anonymous, right? At least until the gifts are opened.

I was thinking a similar thought, although I didn't know about the WIKI page ability. The Elfster site is intended to make the pairing and sharing easier but not become a conversation site (or another place to have to follow in order to belong to the action going on). Your suggestion KJ brings us all back here to B&B for the festivities.

I'll be setting up my Wiki page ASAP and modifying my Elfster accordingly.

Oh and KJ, I just scanned through your shave den entry on your Wiki Page. Um, is this all stuff you have in a shaving store or museum? Your list reads like a catalogue.

Oh and KJ, I just scanned through your shave den entry on your Wiki Page. Um, is this all stuff you have in a shaving store or museum? Your list reads like a catalogue.
It's a museum. If you're ever in Missouri, its open for tours. Don't forget to visit the gift shop!

Yeah, I know, that list is appalling.... it's not even up to date! I have much to add to it before this all begins. LOL!

It's a museum. If you're ever in Missouri, its open for tours. Don't forget to visit the gift shop!
A Museum for sure! I've got a Williams Wing, The Aqua Velva Arboretum, The Shrine to Skin Bracer, the Gillette Gallery, The Ever-Ready Exhibit, The Aftershave Archive, etc....

Also, be sure to stay for the nightly BINGO games!
Actually Bingo is every Wednesday! Anyone want to stop by tomorrow?

I created my Elfster profile and added some wish lists and items. Does my Wiki link appear when you click on my name in the Badger & Blade Group list? I don't see links there for others, but I wasn't sure if maybe they hadn't add a link yet.

I aspire to KJ's greatness on Wiki completeness. :online2long:

I created my Elfster profile and added some wish lists and items. Does my Wiki link appear when you click on my name in the Badger & Blade Group list? I don't see links there for others, but I wasn't sure if maybe they hadn't add a link yet.

I aspire to KJ's greatness on Wiki completeness. :online2long:
I didn't see it, Kyle.

Top Bottom