What's new

Move over metrosexual's, The rise of the Lumbersexuals are upon us

It'd be interesting to hear what the guys on B&B who have a 'look' would consider it to be. I don't know if whatever comfy jeans and t-shirt you've got that is clean is necessarily a look though. For me, I'd go with the 'mod' look. My standard clothing that I wear during the week is well fitting polo shirts with straight, not baggy, slacks. Lace up leather boots, clean shaven and slicked back hair round it out. I've got several different colors of Fred Perry shirts and Docker khakis with skinnier legs.

Needless to say, I'm far outnumbered by the lumberjack look here in Portland. I've started grad school and have noticed that every guy in every one of my classes sports a beard with jeans.

I betting none of the guys pictured could change the oil in their car.

I prefer the classic look, and don't mind wearing a good suit.

The second guy from the left just looks like a regular weekend Joe to me, well-groomed and casually stylish. Who knows what he wears to work or dinner; it may well be a suit. Jeans and plaid are pretty classic casual wear. The other three do look like they've made a pretty good effort to fit in with the "hipster" style. Don't know if they can change their car oil or not, but I bet they know their way pretty well around a set of bicycle tools.

Edit: The top picture. The 2 guys in the second "metrojack" picture...yeah I just dunno about that look. I admit I prefer men with beards over bare-faced, though.

Last edited:
Cool, another thread about judging someone simply by their looks.

Have no fear, I won't pull trigger out of the barn on this one. :)

I used to wear flannels all the time when I lived up north, way before it was cool. Actually, it was sort of trendy back in the 90's. It makes me wonder where these folks were.

Down here in Florida in the winter I wear flannels all the time, usually not buttoned, when I am doing something casual. I just don't see myself as either a "hipster" or "lumbersexual", however, and making broad categorizations of people that wear flannel just seems odd. I'm guessing people are interested in wearing more comfortable clothes.

I'll stick with my boots and leather jacket......................I don't need much in terms of style to get anyones attention. The properly fit pompadour etc do enough for me. I admire the fact that guys go out of their way to spend so much to be up to date while their GF's are busy checking me out.

I can change just about anything in my car, including a flat tire..Then again, a 58 starliner isn't exactly the most complex machine ever :/

Oil change has nuthin to do with nuthin. A question that does matter though is....can you change a flat tire?

Yes.

But with the dense network of mobile mechanics here, it's just as quick to let them do it (I pay for the yearly subscription anyway).

(but last time I did it myself ... we were abroad)

It'd be interesting to hear what the guys on B&B who have a 'look' would consider it to be. I don't know if whatever comfy jeans and t-shirt you've got that is clean is necessarily a look though. For me, I'd go with the 'mod' look. My standard clothing that I wear during the week is well fitting polo shirts with straight, not baggy, slacks. Lace up leather boots, clean shaven and slicked back hair round it out. I've got several different colors of Fred Perry shirts and Docker khakis with skinnier legs.

Needless to say, I'm far outnumbered by the lumberjack look here in Portland. I've started grad school and have noticed that every guy in every one of my classes sports a beard with jeans.
My look would have to be DAD.

It'd be interesting to hear what the guys on B&B who have a 'look' would consider it to be.

During the week, "office worker" (suit and tie) is my look. In the weekend, it's usually "don't care" (jeans and comfy shirt). If I would have to point out a style, it would be my taste in wristwatches and pens probably. "Simple and classy" wins there.

Would I be out of place being clean shaven wear a flannel? A piney cologne like Pino Silvsestre would definitely go with lumberjack drag.

Wait if they splashed on some Sterling's Texas on Fire? It would bring a touch of arson to the mix.

Sing: He's an arsonist and he's ok, He drinks all night and sleeps all day...

Top Bottom