What's new

Motorcycles

Put 20k miles on this before I got rid of it, had 10 weeks off work a few years ago after hitting a diesel fuel spill on a corner going to work. Loved it.
20160318_164850.jpg

I have owned/ridden all kinds over the past 40 years. I was also a formally trained motor officer. I was proud the day I earned that winged wheel pin. I currently have a couple of Harleys. I have had one 29 years and one 21 years.

113F41B5-A88E-437B-BEE4-7F8123080282.jpeg
D561874F-9544-4272-B31E-D8B05FBA3783.jpeg

Rode BMWs from 1983 to 2002. Went to Harleys for 17 years after that. In 2019 it was BMW once again. R1250RT. Exceptionally nice bike. Very complicated ride though. Significant learning curve. My 1988 R100RS (put 101,000 miles on that one) it surely ain’t.

Love my shovel. A 96 cube that pumps. A great bike unfortunately I cannot get out on it due to health issues. My daughter wants it when she is old enough. Here she is on the bike with me 14 years ago. She sees it as her legacy.

View attachment 1293639
I' m gonna sell mine.Quad tendon rupture 6 weeks ago.No more kicking the beast.
I've always said once I can't kickstart it she has to go.
By the time your daughter can ride it shovelheads will be as rare as panheads these days.Great thing to pass on.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I drove cars until 24yo then switched to motorcycles and they have been my only mode of road transport ever since. In order, my motorcycles have been:
Honda CT 90​
Kawasaki Z200​
Honda RS 250​
Yamaha TW 200​
Honda CB 400​
BMW K100​
BMW K100RT (in Singapore)​
Suzuki DL650 (Vstrom)​
Yamaha YBR 125G (current in Philippines)​
The most enjoyable motorcycle to ride out of the above was the Vstrom, the best for touring outback Australia. The K100RT was also good for riding through the SE Asian mainland while my current YBR 125G is ideal for Philippines roads and traffic.​
I have only been hospitalised four time due to coming off my motorcycles.​
Sir, this is why I love that you are on B and B. "Only four times!"

You are, I am sorry to say (for your sake) so much like me that we must have a common ancestor.

I am planning on going with an electric bike next summer, something slowish for back road cruising. POSSIBLY a Honda Ruckus for a little more speed.

I grew up on dirt bikes, then to mopeds because when I was younger the only speed I knew was "faster!"

I hate helmets, so I have to get something that won't go too fast or my lovely bride will kill me before the bike does.

We REALLY need to never meet in person.

FarmerTan

Love my shovel. A 96 cube that pumps. A great bike unfortunately I cannot get out on it due to health issues. My daughter wants it when she is old enough. Here she is on the bike with me 14 years ago. She sees it as her legacy.

View attachment 1293639
I LOVE the look of determination on her face! You are obviously a great Dad and she is blessed to have you.

FarmerTan

I started paying for private health insurance and ambulance cover in about the same week as I bought my motorbike.

I rode it for several years in my twenties, then, moving around from one state to another, it got put into storage for a decade and a half. Recently I bought a house with plenty of storage space, so it has a new home, even though it is not registered or running. I might make it a retirement project, who knows? View attachment 1243909
That is a beauty.

I took my '16 Yamaha XSR900 in for some scheduled service back in June and rode back home on this retro:

20210625_201543.jpg

It was two weeks away from my 60th birthday, so I was like why not... probably my last bike. It was in our garage for over a week before my wife even realized it was a different bike, which based on her reaction was fortunate for me. :a53: Admittedly, I've had 5 different motorcycles in the last 13 years but this one finally ticks all the boxes.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I' m gonna sell mine.Quad tendon rupture 6 weeks ago.No more kicking the beast.
I've always said once I can't kickstart it she has to go.
By the time your daughter can ride it shovelheads will be as rare as panheads these days.Great thing to pass on.
Had a pan for a while but sold it. One of my great biking regrets.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Put 20k miles on this before I got rid of it, had 10 weeks off work a few years ago after hitting a diesel fuel spill on a corner going to work. Loved it. View attachment 1292340
I had a big off in the Seventies that resulted in considerable hospital time. They had to put a plate in my head. Even to this day I think they might of put a knife and fork in as well.

I took my '16 Yamaha XSR900 in for some scheduled service back in June and rode back home on this retro:

View attachment 1347075

It was two weeks away from my 60th birthday, so I was like why not... probably my last bike. It was in our garage for over a week before my wife even realized it was a different bike, which based on her reaction was fortunate for me. :a53: Admittedly, I've had 5 different motorcycles in the last 13 years but this one finally ticks all the boxes.
Man that pretty.

I sold my Kawasaki… I just wanted something bigger. So I got bigger.

968EDFE3-CA11-4B01-BE65-FBC2FF6D35CE.jpeg

I do lover her, but that Kawasaki is sweet!

Top Bottom