What's new

Moto GP and Dani Pedrosa

Are there any other Moto GP fans here? Dani Pedrosa, a veteran contender announced his retirement. I've never been much of a Dani fan but I have admired his competitive nature and the way he fought through a myriad of injuries.
In the end I think he's going to be remembered as a great rider who could never win a championship.

Yes, injuries are what I think of when his name is mentioned. I remember when he first came into MotoGP there were a lot of people saying he wasn't strong enough to handle the big bikes, and I wonder if they might have been right with all the injuries he sustained.

Personally, I won't miss him, and it will be nice to see a place with a top team go to a younger rider.

Dani Pedrosa was a great rider, indeed sustained a lot of injuries, and not winning a championship is not a sign of unsucces, in fact, because of him and his relentless way of riding is just the antagonist needed for guys like Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner to put up a good show, hope the next guy is just as big of a headche as he was

Didnt he also say earlier in the year that he would be leaving Honda after this season? It makes me wonder if he couldnt find a ride that he liked and instead decided to just retire. I always liked him, I thought he was a good #2 to Marquez.

I think a lot of his frustration came from always being the number 2 rider on the team whether he was behind Hayden or Marquez. He always thought he deserved to be the number 1 guy. That's imho why he opted not to go with a satellite team. He felt he was being disrespected again. No doubt he was a terrific rider, especially considering his size. The most successful to have not won a championship in history.
Will he be missed? I don't think so. The GP is the best it's been in a lot of years. There's a bunch of new very strong riders and instead of just Honda and Yamaha fighting it out now Ducati is winning and Suzuki is on the podium even KTM is showing improvement.

Top Bottom