What's new

Most healing and helping with razor burn AS ?

What will it be? or what top 3 be? the ones that include the BEST ingredients, that help with razor burn, make your skin feel "happy" and just help with the after the shave feel, so you just put a little bit and feel like new and ready to start the day?

Good smell won't hurt too

This is what I recommend anytime someone posts this question:

I've NEVER found anything that comes close to this for healing and soothing right out of the gate. Comes in a variety of scents. I like the bay rum. The pump dispenser on the 8 oz provides just the right dosage with one pump.

Don

urth post shave elixir - really makes the red go away when it matters

susanne kauffman - great scent.

two products that really stand out.

I find that the first step is to dip a washcloth in cold water and apply it to the face and neck. I then apply Thayers WH. The final step is an aftershave balm or cream. My two favorites: L'Occtaine aftershave balm and DR Harris Aftershave Milk.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Thayers Witch Hazel facial toner has been a calming influence for me and is the only product I apply to my face after shaving. I reserve Nivea Men balm for below my jawline only if irritated. I really limit the amount of product I introduce to my skin daily. For my skin, quality soap/cream is ample and I apply a splash more like cologne, rather than applying it to my face directly. It’s working for me....so far.

• Alcohol Free
    • Nivea sensitive skin balm
    • Duke Cannon Ice Cold (balm) - menthol, bergamot & sandalwood scent
    • Maggard Razors AS splash (Lilac)
  • Alcohol
    • Ogallala AS splash - very soothing oils (Bay Rum & Sandalwood for me)

Clinique Post Shave Healer--the best I have found and I have tried 8-10 different ones. Second would be Nivea Sensitive. Clinique is three times the price of Nivea, but for me it's worth it.

I’m with clay s on this one. Nivea sensitive cooling post shave balm works the best for burn for me. I used a lot of it when I started using my open comb Micromatic. I still use Thayers lavender witch hazel after my shave then my aftershave. I use the Nivea less because my skills are getting better. But I have Nivea close by!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I use Thayers Witch Hazel immediately after the shave. Comes in Coconut, Lemon, Cucumber, Rose...you get the idea. Follow that up with Luck Tiger Face Tonic. I also have Zingari Man Recovery Splash. If I shaved with Zingari Man soap, I'll use the Zingari Man Recovery Splash instead of the Lucky Tiger. Lots of good suggestions above. Cold water facecloth on the face and neck is a good one!

speick splash too. It is like a miracle sometimes.

ice cubes are a neat trick if the blood is flowing.

Only one aftershave product stops razorburn immediately. Talcum powder! Clubman makes a decent one. Try it, it’s immediate.

Top Bottom