What's new

Most efficient tech clones

I ask what your experience has been with tech clones ? I am looking for something a touch more aggressive than the tech (I’ve yet to only not try the hybrid and the Canadian tech) .

The BAILI BR171 I’ve tried but I can’t avoid weepers with the razor no matter how much I try variable blades etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX1DN2M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’ve tried this one and found it pretty good for the price . It’s efficient.

Wanted to see if anyone had some experience with efficient tech clones ?

I have the older version [now discontinued] of the Chinese made Gillette Super Blue razor. Bought it some 12-13 years ago. It has a wider gap than any Tech. But in the last few years they switched to a classic 60s - early 70s gap. The older version has brass bottom plate. Don't know about top cap. The current ones have aluminum bottom plate.

I have heard the Lord L122 is a pretty good Tech clone.
I have not tried it myself yet, but I will get one soon

Game Changer .68 is the closest I’ve used that resembles my pre-war Tech. If it wasn’t for the weight difference in the hand, it would be hard to tell them apart. Feels just about exactly the same shave wise but a little more aggressive. Angle and sweet spot are the same. Still quite mild but very efficient with a nice sharp blade.

I just ordered one
Congrats! Supposedly, there are two different heads, one more aggressive than the other. Trouble is, there's no way to know for sure which one you'll get. If you're playing the odds, you're most likely (but not guaranteed) to get the more aggressive head with the plastic handle, and the milder head with the metal handle. That information is a few years old, and could have changed now.

I have heard the Lord L122 is a pretty good Tech clone.
I have not tried it myself yet, but I will get one soon

Yes indeed it is a very good razor, but everybody is raving about the Merkur head Lords.
I have 2 L122 razors. The first I bought in 2007 and it's a Tech only in appearance. The gap is very wide and the exposure is big too. Could be dangerous for inexperienced users. This year I bought another L122 and it turns out they reduced the gap. Still it is more aggressive than a Tech. But beware, there are fake Chinese L122 razors. I bought one from a Russian seller on Ebay.

I ask what your experience has been with tech clones ? I am looking for something a touch more aggressive than the tech (I’ve yet to only not try the hybrid and the Canadian tech) .

The BAILI BR171 I’ve tried but I can’t avoid weepers with the razor no matter how much I try variable blades etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LX1DN2M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I’ve tried this one and found it pretty good for the price . It’s efficient.

Wanted to see if anyone had some experience with efficient tech clones ?
Just got that very same razor delivered from Amazon. I bought it for the handle - wanted to put it on an even cheaper Chinese razor, that is a disturbingly smooth razor at a negligible cost:
Traditional Classic Stainless Steel Manual Shaver Double Edge Blade Razor Gift | eBay
The cheaper Chinese model has a stainless steel bottom plate, but otherwise the two are mechanically identical. I've gotten excellent shaves that match that of my perfect shaves with my other vintage razors. Shark Platinum and Voskhod are the most appropriate blades for me for these two razors. Any razor that can handle that problem rough area on my neck under my jawline gets my respect - an easy perfect shave with no irritation or nicks. That heavier Baili handle helps a little, too.

@ivan_101 Fake Chinese Lords?
Why would they make a fake Lord?
They are so cheap as they are.

BTW, I sent an e-mail to Lord in Egypt about Lord L122/L5 and they redirected my mail to razorbladesclub, who are representatives of Lord in Europe.
They have promised to take home Lord L122 / L5 with Tech like head.
They will post these on their website and their eBay page once they receive them from Lord in Egypt.

@Hak.1963

@ivan_101 Fake Chinese Lords?
Why would they make a fake Lord?
They are so cheap as they are.

I read that sentence ever since I am on this forum. The truth is that Chinese counterfeiters make almost everything.
Can you guess which one is the Chinese fake?

lord l5.jpg

The thing is, if you don't have both the original and the fake, it is hard to say. It's easier when you have both. Of course the fonts are different. The back of the card on the original is dark recycled paper. The fake has white card. But just look at that huuuge gap on the left razor. Both razors are tightened.

Game Changer .68 is the closest I’ve used that resembles my pre-war Tech. If it wasn’t for the weight difference in the hand, it would be hard to tell them apart. Feels just about exactly the same shave wise but a little more aggressive. Angle and sweet spot are the same. Still quite mild but very efficient with a nice sharp blade.
Funny how so many of the high-end machined modern razors seem to be based on the Tech. But for me, no doubt the GC .68 is the more aggressive of the two.

Yes, of course. But you wouldn't know if you didn't see the real one.
And by the way you didn't have to email Lord about it. It is available from a Canadian seller on Ebay. The real one I bought from him.

Yes, of course. But you wouldn't know if you didn't see the real one.
And by the way you didn't have to email Lord about it. It is available from a Canadian seller on Ebay. The real one I bought from him.
The problem with the Canadian dealer, and other dealers outside EU, is that the Swedish customs and post office have these extra VAT and import charges for all gods bought outside EU.
If I buy something from outside EU I will have to pay at least 7,50 Euro in VAT plus an extra import fee to the customs.
So, a 10 € razor with appr 10 € shipping fee will cost me at least 30 € after the extra VAT and import fee.

Top Bottom