What's new

More from Antique Stores

You are in what I call a virgin area. These shops have never been hit by a razor fan. I'll guarantee you that they have had all of those razors for years and now that you have cleaned them out they will most likely never have another, or if they do it won't be nice ones. You have just taught them that safety razors now have value. They will pop out to eBay to check them out. From this point on they will list anything they find, if they find anything, on eBay.

That pretty much sums it up....I cleaned out my area of metro Atlanta 2 years ago and it's been slim pickin's ever since....

Any one know anything about the durham razor (the wide one) I see them all the time. Can you still get blades?

Funny you should mention that. See our current thread about DD blades.

The short answer is that you can find them in carbon steel as carpet cutter blades at your Home Depot under the Stanley brand or at Lowes, made in China under Kobalt brand. If you search really hard, you can find stores that sell dog grooming equipment that stock the blades for the Durham Dog Dresser (no kidding).

You can get them in quantities of 100, brand name Stanley in a thicker gauge from Grainger or any number of online carpet installer supplier stores.

There are some who are a little queasy about the carpet cutter as razor blade concept. :smile:

Finally, a board member, near the end of the thread referenced above has spotted some NOS Durham Duplex blades at an antique store on Long Island and is willing to investigate as soon as someone PM's him with some interest in them.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Chris

Top Bottom