"More for YOU" shave soap

Attachments

• $tiras sabunu.jpg
    $tiras sabunu.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 213
  • $tiras.jpg
    $tiras.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 216
The purveyor apparently is Kraft Kağıt Sanayi Ticaret LTD. ŞTI. That roughly translates to Kraft Paper Industry Trade LTD. It may be some company that started in paper products and then branched out, or simply arranged private labels for additional products. You can visit the web page shown at the bottom of the back-view. Only the main page has a working [EN] for English, the linked sub-pages are all Turkish, so you have to rely on the browser's translation capability for help. Their "About Us" says they export products to 20 countries, but which products to which countries is unclear. If you google "kraft kagit" there are several links including a lean facebook page. I was in the country decades ago and picked up no more than rudiments of the language, enough to correspond with some of the sources in bad Turkish, and to ask about getting some of the items that are hard to find internationally. They all tell me the same thing, and that is I have to go back to Turkey. I'm working on that.
Meanwhile, if this traditional shaving thing keeps growing, it would be a shot in the arm for their manufacturers of such products. Most of them long existed in obscurity outside their own country. Now their centuries-long hamam and personal hygiene traditions may be paying off. They have long had good products of the most unpretentious ingredients just waiting to be discovered.

Last edited:
It is possible that the product ultimately has the same source as Derby. Evyap (house-make) is like a Turkish P&G. Arko is a product of Evyap. Part of Evyap's business is private labels, and Evyap makes Derby soap. There is nothing to say Evyap may be making the More For You product as well, on behalf of Kraft Kağıt Sanayi Ticaret LTD.

I noticed this soap online today, and am resurrecting the thread!

Its official listing is here (company website): More For You Kuaför Salonu Ürünleri - https://kraftkagit.com.tr/detay/more-for-you-tiras-sabunu-kase-140-gr-19.html

How come this soap doesn't enjoy more following?

Based on @malocchio 's post, the formulation used to be the same as Derby, but I noticed a newer looking label that does not contain any tallow:

Screenshot from 2021-12-28 17-30-16.png

This seems to be consistent with the company's PALM ÖZLÜ FORMUL on the label.

Turkey also moving away from tallow?

Time to hoard ARKO? 😂

I have a More For You soap Tub & it shaves the same as my Derby Tub soap. It does have a very strong Ivory soap smell. :w00t:
Unlike the Derby Tub which has a milder scent. :thumbup1:

I have a More For You soap Tub & it shaves the same as my Derby Tub soap. It does have a very strong Ivory soap smell. :w00t:
Unlike the Derby Tub which has a milder scent. :thumbup1:
Is it with the tallow formulation though?

Going through ebay I found a picture of another recent tub (production date of Feb 2020) that has the palm oil based formulation that I posted earlier.

I noticed this soap online today, and am resurrecting the thread!

Its official listing is here (company website): More For You Kuaför Salonu Ürünleri - https://kraftkagit.com.tr/detay/more-for-you-tiras-sabunu-kase-140-gr-19.html

How come this soap doesn't enjoy more following?

Based on @malocchio 's post, the formulation used to be the same as Derby, but I noticed a newer looking label that does not contain any tallow:

View attachment 1385134

This seems to be consistent with the company's PALM ÖZLÜ FORMUL on the label.

Turkey also moving away from tallow?

Time to hoard ARKO? 😂
I don't think so. A veg based formula can also produce great lather , but you're correct , no more tallow. Coconut oil, palm fruit oil and palm kernel oil can produce a thick rich lather, it's the palm " kernel " oil that give loads of volume to any soap formula ... The main reason you don't see this soap offered is because so few vendors have it , a real shame .

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2234.JPG
    IMG_2234.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
I don't think so. A veg based formula can also produce great lather , but you're correct , no more tallow. Coconut oil, palm fruit oil and palm kernel oil can produce a thick rich lather, it's the palm " kernel " oil that give loads of volume to any soap formula ... The main reason you don't see this soap offered is because so few vendors have it , a real shame .
Oh yes, I do not doubt that the new formulation can be good, as just wonder whether this trend of moving away from tallow will affect Derby (if not already) and ARKO in the future.

Oh yes, I do not doubt that the new formulation can be good, as just wonder whether this trend of moving away from tallow will affect Derby (if not already) and ARKO in the future.

Very possible , but don't forget, many other Turlish sticks have come and gone , Blue , Camelot , GZD Berber ( which smelled like Arko but had more moisture and was malleable ) and a few others that didn't last long. Arko is #1 in sales , so they may not want to tamper with success .

Very possible , but don't forget, many other Turlish sticks have come and gone , Blue , Camelot , GZD Berber ( which smelled like Arko but had more moisture and was malleable ) and a few others that didn't last long. Arko is #1 in sales , so they may not want to tamper with success .
I haven't forgotten them, because I've never learned about them in the first place 😂 But thank you for the listing!

That is another thing, in particular, the international brand visibility of Turkish shaving products; it is bad, I think. For example, ARKO (Evyap) has been in the Turquality program (Who We Are - Evyap - https://www.evyap.com.tr/en/hakkimizda/who-we-are-3) since 2006, which was supposed to help exactly with international brand visibility, as well as with offering a greater variety of options, yet all we got is a puck in addition to the stick! Like, how is that a breakthrough?

Here is an idea: whatever the soap is, More For You, Derby, or ARKO, sell it in a nice clay or ceramic or metallic pot, offer the refills, and offer two or three more varieties too (different scents, mentholated, sensitive with aloe vera, and so on).

Here is an idea: whatever the soap is, More For You, Derby, or ARKO, sell it in a nice clay or ceramic or metallic pot, offer the refills, and offer two or three more varieties too (different scents, mentholated, sensitive with aloe vera, and so on).

This I'd snatch it up in a heart beat if Arko made a spearmint scent.

I haven't forgotten them, because I've never learned about them in the first place 😂 But thank you for the listing!

That is another thing, in particular, the international brand visibility of Turkish shaving products; it is bad, I think. For example, ARKO (Evyap) has been in the Turquality program (Who We Are - Evyap - https://www.evyap.com.tr/en/hakkimizda/who-we-are-3) since 2006, which was supposed to help exactly with international brand visibility, as well as with offering a greater variety of options, yet all we got is a puck in addition to the stick! Like, how is that a breakthrough?

LEA tried that a few years ago , nice but tiny wood bowl , great soap though. Didn't last, not enough sales .... Arko would get even fewer sales, it is what it is , a good economy soap.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I used More For You soap today. First, I haven’t bowl lathered in a long time and I’m not into soap scents one way or another. The soap seemed to be about the same hardness as Arko and lathered well. The performance was about the same as well, however, the scent was a bit overwhelming. Of course this may calm down after being open for a while. It doesn’t have the same citron scent as Arko but more of an industrial something or other. I believe I’ll stick with Arko as my go to soap especially since I am a dedicated face latherer. In any case, it is an inexpensive experiment.

Top Bottom