What's new

more finds: some oddballs, ID? and more.

First, the oddballs.
This one looks like it is missing the bottom plate.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Next is this cased oddity. Case says Outdoor Life, Denver Colorado, but the razor says Made in Germany. Really looks like a mismatch for that and other reasons.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Also picked up a really brassed tech with case
proxy.php

proxy.php

and this little beauty, a new with a thin handle
proxy.php

proxy.php

and this, which I guess is nameless unless you have the case.
proxy.php

There are definitely some mystery razors there, but the last three are common and fabulous! In order, a fat handled tech, a short combed (I think) New (and I'm curious if that handle is "common" or the long thinnish and considerably rarer variety), and finally the New Standard, which many consider to be the finest shaver ever made (I may be one of them.) Congratulations, the gold ones need to be cleaned up very delicately, just a little Scrubbing Bubbles, warm water and a soft tooth brush. Enjoy!

I found some patent information about the first razor.
It was patented in April of 45, by Joseph Mellon. The base of the head is supposed to have what looks like an ordinary comb guard. The top cap is designed to hold water in (presumably by capillary action), until pressed to the face - at which point it would leak out. Oddly, by its design it would appear that the water would be released behind the blade (contrary to the patent claims) , so this invention seems to be of dubious worth.

Top Bottom