What's new

Mole-man in Walmart

Ok, I know you're out there, hiding. It's okay, you can come out and join the rest of us. You don't have to buy up all the brushes the day after they hit the shelf, or all the soaps. They'll stock more, I promise. And could you please leave that last pack of Personna blades? Thanks.

Seriously, here lately it's like a phenomena in my hometown Wallace-world Stupor Scenter. You go in on a Tuesday, fully stocked on burma shave brushes and williams soap. You go back in on Thursday, all out of brushes. Friday, no more soap. The weird thing is, I know the only other guy here in town who shaves with this stuff and he's noticed it too. It's a real head scratcher. Walmart says they won't expand their selection because "there's not enough demand" in my area. But they can't keep the stuff on the shelves. Are they just taking it off the shelf and putting it back every once in a while, or have we got a mole-man that obsesses over owning multiples of an identical mediocre brush?

Walmart has adopted computer algorithms that make the selection at one store very different from the next. Also, it has made Wal Mart prone to drop items willy-nilly at a particular store, even if it sells pretty well. I buy a lot of sugar-free items because of medical issues in my family. Last year, even non-Super Centers had a ton of them, including a particular ice cream that no one else in town had. I made sure to buy a couple at a time and throw them in the deep freeze on a regular basis, and just not buy other ice creams from the grocer. Sure enough, a few months later Wal Mart dumped it even though it was so popular it was often out of stock....Same think happend with KOS and Head Blade products that were at one WalMart for a while and now are gone....So Moleman is right!!!

Heh, he must get around quite a bit! The same this happens to me with blades at the local drug stores - not that they're that good a quality or anything, but still... I now order blades online <snarky comment>which I would suggest that you do rather than support Wal-Mart</snarky comment>, unless of course there is a Ma and Pa drugstore around, in which case you will likely find that custom orders are not a problem :wink:

- R

I frequent two Wally Worlds and they both are more likely to be out of the VDH soap and Personna blades than to have stock. I have good luck with Personna's and the price is right, but acutally having some is stock makes buying them sometimes frustrating. I will buy several packs when I see them.

I wonder if there are more wet shavers then we know out there given that Walmart seems to have an issue keeping the stuff in stock.

In honor of this post, I checked out my local Walmart (Troy MI). It had stacks of Personna DE (no injectors), one Williams Soap, No VDH, one lonely Bruma Shave Brush, and not much else. I needed a hairbrush and found a much better one in the African American Haircare section. They had a nice military style 100&#37; Boar Brush for $2.47. It was cheaper, better bristles, and better looking than the ones in the main hair section.

Walmart here carries Williams for $1.57, Wilkinson Sword brushes, Personna blades, Florena, but no VDH soap. I'd really like to trythis Van der Hagen everyone is talking about...I wonder how good it is. But I doubt we have it up here in Canada.

.... I'd really like to try this Van der Hagen everyone is talking about...I wonder how good it is. But I doubt we have it up here in Canada.

I bought my Van der Hagen at a CVS in Indianapolis. I found the bristles to be really stiff and hold virtually no water. Then the knot separated from its handle when I dropped it. I probably got about $6 bucks of use out of it, but I won't be buying another. I bought my next brush from this guy:

proxy.php

I found the VDH at a Walmart outside of Pittsburgh. They carried the Glycerine and the Pink one. The stores I've checked in Sou California have Williams. There must be a fair number of people using the soap or the store wouldn't bother stocking it.

I bought my Van der Hagen brush at a CVS in Indianapolis. I found the bristles to be really stiff and hold virtually no water. Then the knot separated from its handle when I dropped it. I probably got about $6 bucks of use out of it, but I won't be buying another. I bought my next brush from this guy:

proxy.php

I've never used their soap.

You could be right! Chuck Norris was behind my dad in line at one of the local grocery stores a few years back. The Wal-Mart is next door to it. I think he has a ranch nearby or something.

I've got a suspicion that our Moleman is really......Chuck Norris! :eek:

As someone else mentioned in another thread, both their Walmart and mine just put both Williams soap and Burma Shave Brushes on clearance (along with the Edge in a tube, FX blades, Wildroot tonic, Gillette in a can, and other shaving aisle items.... If you want these, go get them. Otherwise, let's hope VDH shows up soon......

We go to Walmart almost every week to pick up a few things for several weeks they didn't have blades, last week I needed soap and thought I'd give Williams a try so I stop down the shave aisle and noticed there wasn't any. They had VDH and one burma brush, there was a spot for Williams but no soap. We must catch this moleman

As someone else mentioned in another thread, both their Walmart and mine just put both Williams soap and Burma Shave Brushes on clearance (along with the Edge in a tube, FX blades, Wildroot tonic, Gillette in a can, and other shaving aisle items.... If you want these, go get them. Otherwise, let's hope VDH shows up soon......

That's just it...when the VDH products showed up, there was still some Williams, but the spot for burma shaves is not there anymore, so I checked the clearance aisles....nothing:scared:

WalMarts in my town have completely stopped selling DE blades. First they only carried WalMart brand DE blades (which stink) and then they dropped them altogether. Oddly they still carry Williams soap (of which there is an unending supply) and Burma Shave brushes. But no other kind of soap. You either buy the goop in the can or you buy Williams. :(

i personally try not to patronize wal mart. the reasons why i'll save for another post. i did go in to the one here in town last week on an errend for my dad. while i was there i couldn't help checking out the shaving ailse. i noticed a burma brush williams soap and 0 blades. i also noticed my cvs had their injector blades on clearance. i will be ok since i order almost everything i use online. i did like knowing that if i was out of town and needed something there where a few stores i could get things in an emergency. i guess i'll have to make sure i always pack well for a trip.:001_smile

Has anyone noticed this?!
Twas at WalMart last night, was, as usual, browsing the (sad) shaving section, when me wife says she needs Venus refills (shudder - trying to find pink gillette star for her :001_rolle), and I notice this sticker on the back:

proxy.php

What!!!! I believe this has something to do with MoleMan hoarding all our stuff. :biggrin:

If you can't read it, it says:
If this product is found for sale at a location other than Wal-Mart, please call 1-800-Wal-Mart

Top Bottom