What's new

Minimalist Coffee Roasting Equipment and Techniques?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Might gave a difficult time grinding un-roasted coffee. it is much harder than roasted coffee

I looked around the Google after this conversation began. Everything I've seen about making green coffee bean extract involves only steeping whole beans, so I wouldn't even fool around with grinding.

I have seen green coffee capsules for sale claiming weight loss benefits. I am skeptical but really have no knowledge either way. Just one example I cut-n-pasted here:
Green Coffee Bean Extract comes from unroasted coffee beans. The coffee beans are green before they are roasted. When you roast coffee beans it takes away green coffee’s active ingredient Chlorogenic Acid. Please note that Green Coffee Bean Extract does contain a small amount of caffeine. The caffeine really isn’t an issue for most people since the amount of caffeine found in green coffee bean extract is very low per dose.
USES:Fat burner for women and men, helps in weight lossReduce the absorption of carbohydrate from the digestive tract Helps to stabilize blood sugar levels making it safe for diabetics to use.Can also improve high cholesterol and triglyceride levels Has a lot of antioxidants, which eliminates free radicals that can damage healthy cells.Chlorogenic acid is the active ingredient in green coffee bean, which helps to slow the absorption of fat from food intake. Also has shown to activate the metabolism of fat.

This is interesting. Starbucks refreshers use the extract. I can't remember where else I've seen it.
TexLaw mentioned that it wouldn't be sweet. The times I've tasted coffee I didn't notice any sweetness lol.
For me, I've smelled some of the best coffee but when I try it, I don't like it. I've toured the plantation in Kona and have tried the peaberry. No matter what, I get hit with that same quality that I can't get past. Maybe bitterness, I'm not sure.
But it's probably a good thing because I'd be all in. I'd have to have grinders, presses, pourovers like Chemex, an Aeropress etc... you guys get it, I'd have to have all the tools and toys to go with it. It's bad enough with the shaving and Tea. :117:

Top Bottom