What's new

Mild or Aggressive?

I used it this morning for the first time and even with a fresh Derby blade, my shave was perhaps the closest I have had since beginning this WS business a month ago. Just 2 Pass with a bit of touch up. Angle was different than my Merkur 34C and my Jagger (both pretty mild). But I did get one little nick. Fortunately I did not bleed out.

Superspeeds have more blade rigidity than the 34C and Jagger, which makes for a better cutting razor IMHO. Many companies compensate for lack of rigidity with more blade exposure. A lot of blade exposure is not needed if you have rigidity.

Superspeeds have more blade rigidity than the 34C and Jagger, which makes for a better cutting razor IMHO. Many companies compensate for lack of rigidity with more blade exposure. A lot of blade exposure is not needed if you have rigidity.

I understand the term rigid. But, how does one razor make the blade more rigid than another razor. It would seem that the blade is tight and rigid if tight between the top plate and base no matter what razor it is in. Can you clarify for me please?

I understand the term rigid. But, how does one razor make the blade more rigid than another razor. It would seem that the blade is tight and rigid if tight between the top plate and base no matter what razor it is in. Can you clarify for me please?
$tapatalk_1476204383917.jpeg

The top razor locks the blade in with the cap and baseplate close to the cutting edge.

The bottom razor locks the blade in further back and then the blade curves with the cap the rest of the way.

The top razor has more rigidity.

View attachment 709110

The top razor locks the blade in with the cap and baseplate close to the cutting edge.

The bottom razor locks the blade in further back and then the blade curves with the cap the rest of the way.

The top razor has more rigidity.

Thank you much for the explanation. It makes good sense.
Now I will go inspect all of my razors!!

Top Bottom