What's new

Mild DE Razors

Worf: without question the best looking 100% Male Klingon that ever lived....

Unfortunately, he still had a face only an Earthling Mother could love!

But I try to live by his motto, "Today would be a GOOD day to die!"
Worf is also the most Vulcan of Klingons.

Yes, you PROBABLY didn't use a Kai blade, on a night with a full moon, while standing on your non dominant leg, now did you? Did you?

How did you know ? ;-)

No I did not use a Kai blade.
Do not like these at all, even while I love all Kai hardware usually.

No, it was no full moon.
It snows though, here in The Netherlands, which is quite rare.
But hey, sometimes in snows in April.

I stood on both legs.
Which is standard operating procedure for shower shavers.

And I still own a couple of Techs, even a collectible one.
They are great to have. But useless.

Even Stan The Man would approve ;-)

Razorock Mamba 53...my first stainless steel razor after my Muhle ate itself.
Mild, on mild, on mild.
Well made, lovely wee razor. Too mild for me but I keep it as a pet.
Maybe once I get past 80 my skin might demand a really mild razor and the Mamba will be the one.

Razorock .68, Gillette Tech, Rockwell 6C that you can work your way up until yes, you can cut yourself if you try.

My feather AS-D2 , Gillette 1904 OC. And Gillette superspeed vintage 1963 are all incredibly mild. Not sure which would be the most mild, probably the 1904. But by far my favorite is the feather. I have a corse, relatively fast growing beard. With a fresh feather blade(1-3 uses) and up to two growth, the shave is sublime. Silky smooth, almost as if your face is being massaged. While still getting very close.

My feather AS-D2 , Gillette 1904 OC. And Gillette superspeed vintage 1963 are all incredibly mild.
Now that I think of it, all of my adjustable razors, set at one, would be incredibly mild. They are so mild at the setting, it’s hard to imagine they are intended for anything more than touchup, which is what I use them for.

2011 R41.

Ok, not really. I’ve only used my old R41, newer r41, de89 and my as-d2. Probably the as-d2 is the mildest but it absolutely can generate irritation with some blades or poor technique.

De-89 was the worst, some unfinished edges or something would leave racetrack scratches on each pass. Tried it off and on for awhile until it broke and then good riddance.

I shave with my old R41 more than all others combined, even though I have sensitive skin. I can do a single pass wtg and get a decent shave and I’ve yet to find another razor that will do as well for me (in truth I stopped looking).

Out of my collection I would say it is a toss up between a Merkur 42C "1904" closed comb or the Gillette Fat Handle Tech. Both are very mild.

I have an old Swedish Record Succe from the 1940's, and it is the mildest razor I have ever tried.
It's so mild it is almost impossible to even get a DFS.

Merkur 34c
Rapira Platinum Lux

I've stubble like wire and sensitive skin. I've tried scores of razors over 6+ decades of shaving. The best razor I've found is the Merkur 34c, and, of course, the blade is equally as important for a mild shave. So, I tried scores of blades and had settled for Astra SP. Settled because the shave was neither smooth nor efficient, but the least uncomfortable on my skin. Then I tried Rapira Platinum Lux, and found Nirvana in a double-edge blade. Merkur 34c paired with Rapira Platinum Lux form the perfect union to cleave tough stubble comfortably and efficiently on sensitive skin.

Wet shaving Club's "The Winning Razor". Same design as the Henson but in Stainless steel.
It's incredibly mild with the right blade!

The most mild DE I have used is the Above the Tie Classic M1. So much work for me to get a close shave. Haven't used it in like 6 years but I keep the old M1,R1,H1 classic set that I have together just the same.

Top Bottom