What's new

Mike's Natural soaps available at Vintage Blades LLC

Just FYI, Vintage Blades is now carrying Mike's Natural Soaps as well as Queen Charlotte, although the latter is $4 more.

So, if Mike is out of your flavor, maybe Vintage Blades has it. They also have Klar Kabinett and Klar Siefen should you care.

Cheers.

Nice, I love it when vendors get on board and expand their product lines. Nothing more frustrating than one vendor carrying half of what you want, a second one carrying the other half, and then having to pay for shipping twice.

Also nice to see Klar products being picked up as well. Great stuff.

Just FYI, Vintage Blades is now carrying Mike's Natural Soaps as well as Queen Charlotte, although the latter is $4 more.

Thank you very much for the mention. We are very pleased to be able to offer these fine products. However, I do have to point out that you are incorrect about our pricing. There is no difference between the Vintage Blades pricing and either Mike's or Mathew's on their products.

Now given that we list an SKU only once on the website, it will show only the lowest price (base price) for which that SKU sells. The fragrances that sell for a higher price than the base price are sold by using the “Drop Down Menu” and this will automatically add the additional amount to the base price. Take Mike’s for example. His base price shows at $10.49 (I hate round numbers). Since there are several choice of fragrance, when you select “Buy Now” it takes you to the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] page of the product description where you choose your fragrance. The “default” setting is Barber Shop, which is one of Mike’s lowest price soaps at our base price of $10.49. If you click on the down arrow and select another fragrance, say Bay Rum, the price changes to $11.49 (base plus 1.00).

Our website is getting a bit long in the tooth, but then again so am I. But this seem to work well enough for us. I hope this clarifies the point.

Jim, I think he simply meant that the base price of QCS is $4 more than the base price of Mike's. Still, a peek into the complexity of keeping up an e-commerce site is certainly worth seeing. These things are often maddeningly complicated, we know!

Are mikes and QC worth trying out ? Prices appear great !

Absolutely! I have both (just finished up another order with Jim) and they are among the best performing soaps on the market. They have wonderful scents and provide for a great shave. I currently have QCS soaps in Vostok, Rose Otto and Esquire. I haven't tried the Esquire, but the Rose Otto smells incredible. The Vostok is a wonderful rush of menthol for those mornings when I'm moving slowly.

I have Mike's soaps in Lemongrass/Eucalyptus (plus two more on the way). The Lemongrass/Eucalyptus is an incredible scent, and I'm looking forward to the Rosemary/Peppermint and Orange/Black Pepper/Cedarwood pucks that are heading my way.

Also, FWIW, Jim has nice little tin containers that cost about $2 in which the QCS soaps squeeze into tightly. I really like that snug fit as it keeps the water I use to soften my puck on the actual puck, and not around it in the container.

Top Bottom