What's new

Mike Swofford Memorial Super Speed Saturdays (MSMSSS)

Today's Super Speed Saturday SOTD;

1947 Gillette Super Speed.
Vintage Wizamet Super Iridium blade.
Chinese Badger Hair brush.
Trumpers GFT shaving cream.
Nivea ASB.
360 Red cologne.

A two pass BBS! Here's the photo-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428799663.192517.jpg
God Bless, and have a great night!

I have been practicing with several different razor/blade combos over the past few months since joining B&B, and I have not yet settled into a solid routine. My ’51 Super Speed is my birth razor and actually predates my own birth by a few months. I have used my SS only a few times so far and this is my first post to Super Speed Saturday:

$SOTD 050915a.jpg

1951 “40s Style” Gillette Super Speed / Feather blade
Whipped Dog HM Badger Brush
Fine Stoneware Lather Bowl
Edwin Jagger ‘Limes & Pomegranate’ Shaving Soap
Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel w/ Aloe Vera
BRUT Classic a/s Lotion

Good Morning Gents of the Super Speed Saturdays, as most of you may know, the OP of this thread and steward Mike Swofford passed on recently. Here is a copy of the thread details:

B&B Member and Steward.
MSwofford

Michael Swofford

May 13, 2015 - Staff
Michael Swofford, of Dubois, died Sunday, May 2, at his home in Dubois. He was 75 years old.
Services with military honors will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center in Dubois.
Lynn Michael Swofford was born June 8, 1939, in Normal, Ill., the son of James Melvin and Grace Ida (Erlinger) Swofford.
He attended Beloit College from 1957 to 1958 where he studied liberal arts. He then attended Southern Illinois University from 1959 to 1961 where he majored in radio and TV advertising and minored in agriculture.
He served with the U.S. Army, and when he was honorably discharged, he returned to the Illinois National Guard.
In 1963 he married Joan Lindahl, and they had two sons. They later divorced.
He worked at the Daniel fish hatchery as a culturist from June 1967 to June 1971. In 1971, he joined the Wyoming Highway Patrol in Laramie. He moved to Dubois in 1975 and retired in 1989.
His family said he enjoyed hunting, camping, hiking, being in the outdoors, listening to music and spending time with his grandchildren. They said his No. 1 hobby was gunsmithing.
He is survived by his sons, Eric Swofford and wife Amy of Douglas and Kevin Swofford of Dubois, and grandsons Kaleb Swofford, Tristan Swofford and Morgan Hamar.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brother Larry; and former wife Joan.
Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Online condolences may be left at www.thedavisfuneralhome.com.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17902

Some have asked if this thread will continue, as we see no reason not to have it keep going, if fact this may be a very nice tribute to his memory and his routine on Saturdays. So it you have a Super Speed, red tip, Blue tip, Black tip, Flair, please continue to honor his memory if you desire. and if decided on we can even re-name the Club to M. Swofford's Memorial Super-Speed Saturdays if you guys want (MSMSSS) , just let me know. here in the thread.

Last edited:
Good Morning Gents of the Super Speed Saturdays, as most of you may know, the OP of this thread and steward Mike Swofford passed on recently. Here is a copy of the thread details:

B&B Member and Steward.
MSwofford

Michael Swofford

May 13, 2015 - Staff
Michael Swofford, of Dubois, died Sunday, May 2, at his home in Dubois. He was 75 years old.
Services with military honors will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 30, at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center in Dubois.
Lynn Michael Swofford was born June 8, 1939, in Normal, Ill., the son of James Melvin and Grace Ida (Erlinger) Swofford.
He attended Beloit College from 1957 to 1958 where he studied liberal arts. He then attended Southern Illinois University from 1959 to 1961 where he majored in radio and TV advertising and minored in agriculture.
He served with the U.S. Army, and when he was honorably discharged, he returned to the Illinois National Guard.
In 1963 he married Joan Lindahl, and they had two sons. They later divorced.
He worked at the Daniel fish hatchery as a culturist from June 1967 to June 1971. In 1971, he joined the Wyoming Highway Patrol in Laramie. He moved to Dubois in 1975 and retired in 1989.
His family said he enjoyed hunting, camping, hiking, being in the outdoors, listening to music and spending time with his grandchildren. They said his No. 1 hobby was gunsmithing.
He is survived by his sons, Eric Swofford and wife Amy of Douglas and Kevin Swofford of Dubois, and grandsons Kaleb Swofford, Tristan Swofford and Morgan Hamar.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brother Larry; and former wife Joan.
Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Online condolences may be left at www.thedavisfuneralhome.com.

http://dailyranger.com/story.php?story_id=17902

Some have asked if this thread will continue, as we see no reason not to have it keep going, if fact this may be a very nice tribute to his memory and his routine on Saturdays. So it you have a Super Speed, red tip, Blue tip, Black tip, Flair, please continue to honor his memory if you desire. and if decided on we can even re-name the Club to M. Swofford's Super-Speed Saturdays if you guys want (MSMSSS) , just let me know. here in the thread.

Thank you very much Dave. I vote to re-name the Club to M. Swofford's Super-Speed Saturdays (MSMSSS).

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be using my TV special SS tomorrow in honor of our late friend Mike!
and will make it a regular practice in the future.

Nice. I don't have any Tabac, but tomorrow's shave will be a '56 Flare Tip loaded with a Feather and followed by a splash of Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue. And every following Saturday as well. MSMSSS.

$0516a.jpg

’51 Gillette Super Speed / Gillette 7 o’Clock Black
Kent BLK4 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Tabac Original Shaving Soap
Aqua Velva Ice Blue a/s Lotion

Super Speed Saturday
Gillette Red Tip |Feather (1) | DeRuiter Carbon Fiber TGN finest | Tabac Shave Soap | Barbasol Pacific Rush AS | Tabac AS

Have a good Saturday Gents, and thanks for posting in memory of Mike.

proxy.php

Alright,

i dont have have the photography skills of the guys above so I will skip the picture.

1958 TV Special Flare Tip
Feather Blade (8)
Generic SeaBreeze from Wal Mart
Palmolive for Men Menthol Cream
Omega Pro 85 Boar Brush
Generic Noxzema Pre Shave
Two Pass BBS shave

Here's to you Mike! We will miss you buddy.

Good Morning men, here's today's Super Speed SOTD;

1957 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed.
1956 Gillette Blue Blade.
Vintage William Marvy Boar Bristle brush.
C&E Moroccan Myrrh shaving cream.
Nivea Post Shave Balm.
Avon Mesmerize cologne.

RIP Mike, and know you, that you are well thought of.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432366451.535660.jpg
Have a good day men.

$0523sssa.jpg

’51 Gillette Super Speed / Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
Simpsons PJ2 Best Badger
Tabac Original Shaving Soap & ASL

Have a good Super Speed Saturday gentlemen!​

Last edited:
Top Bottom