What's new

Micromatic with dark blue ring

Hello everyone. I'm looking for info on this OCMM I just added to the collection. It has a very dark blue almost black ring on the handle. I found one example online but it was from an auction site so no real information.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3173.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
I've seen some with black o rings. Congrats on obtaining a classic razor which will provide one of the best shaves ever.

I've seen some with black o rings. Congrats on obtaining a classic razor which will provide one of the best shaves ever.
As I recall some users added o rings to improve grip.
I do agree that they are great shavers with an unfair reputation of being overly aggressive.

As I recall some users added o rings to improve grip.
I do agree that they are great shavers with an unfair reputation of being overly aggressive.

Do you think someone just painted this area? You have me curious why. :)

Please join the Micromatic Monday thread. You will be welcomed by others who love these old relics including other GEM models.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems

Please join the Micromatic Monday thread. You will be welcomed by others who love these old relics including other GEM models.
I agree -- it looks more like paint and an "art project" than it does like an o-ring-type functional add-on.

And a +1 on the invite to Micromatic Monday....got a great group of Micromatic users who enjoy showing and sharing their Micromatic (as well as other GEM) razors!

Thanks for the invite.
I have now found 2 examples of this blue ring on Micromatics. One from an old auction listing and one from an old thread here on Badger and Blade. The poster on this website did believe his had been painted on by the previous owner however I do not. Now that 3 separate examples have surfaced it seems more likely that they left the factory that way. Plus the finish of the painted area is flawless. No brush marks, very precise edges and reflectively glossy.
Here is another piece of my collection that I didn't really want to include in this thread becouse it may derail it. Kind of like studying small mouth bass and the Loch Ness monster swims by.
IMG_3177.JPG

Top Bottom