What's new

Micromatic Monday

Greg you cease to amaze me with your creations. How does it shave?

It may just be in my head since it's a Franklin razor but I think it may be a bit more aggressive than my Peerless Clog-Pruf. I'll have to do a side by side comparison soon. It was a very good shave either way. And I love the way it looks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, September 8th 2022

Razor : Gem Micromatic OC- Mfg 1930-41, excellent mid - mid upper range, well designed to last, first TTO mass produced razor in the world(4 years a head of Gillette) and has a rack and pinion mechanism to tighten the blade against the blade stops(genius design) and just a joy to use the 3 different main variants of Gem Micromatics.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Razorock "Santa Maria del Fiore" nice vanilla & light tobacco scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair ends, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Gem MMOC + a Gem coated blade.
SOTD Septemper 8 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Somehow yesterday's shave and EDC picture got deleted. Here is a make up photo. I had a great shave with a Gem 1912 on a red bakelite handle. LA Toja whipped up well with my Rubber set 400 with Zenith baor knot. Thayer's was a nice finishing touch. The watch of the day was my Casio G-Shock GW-M5610 and the EDC knife was the Spyder Co. Para 3 with S30V blade.

IMG_20220909_125146546-01.jpeg

Ron R

Imagine if the 1912 had a Compression Lock. Horrible idea, but I’d be a fan
You got me thinking about that one, the spring on the 1912 is putting compression on the blade with the top cap pinching the blade between the base plate with the rear spring bushing forward. Are you thinking something like the Micromatic blade clamping system or a 3pc razor clamping system?

Imagine if the 1912 had a Compression Lock. Horrible idea, but I’d be a fan

Now look what you did. 🤣🤣🤣

You got me thinking about that one, the spring on the 1912 is putting compression on the blade with the top cap pinching the blade between the base plate with the rear spring bushing forward. Are you thinking something like the Micromatic blade clamping system or a 3pc razor clamping system?

I had a very pleasant touch up shave today with the Gem Peerless Bullet Pruf with Guiding Eye. The brush is a little Omega Boar with a modified the handle. I put on a splash of Aqua Velva aftershave lotion to finish things off. Today's watch is the G-Shock GW-M5610 and today's knife is the Spyder Co Para3

IMG_20220912_060915299-01.jpeg

Ron R

MMMonday , September 12th 2022, ASRazor shave today.

Razor : Star bar #4 model- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, interesting Star brand pattern brass base plate with a nickel coating, this little Lather catcher is such a nice shaver with a new blade and a joy to use.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scent (Aramis?) excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master Soap creations S.A to make their line of soap & aftershaves.
Brush : Yaqi barber pole 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + good painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : With hazel beard cleanse & Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Star Bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Septemper 12 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

ASRazor shave, Thursday SEpt 15th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior bar, Mfg 1907-11, upper mild range> tame mid range, this razor was built to last, nice base plate design, this little razor is such a smooth razor with a new blade, very close comfortable shave with excellent results.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap :Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent + with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Ferrari 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles, great splay scrubber+ excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD Septemper 15 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom