What's new

Merkur HD problem!

I've never had much luck with the 40's SS for getting a close shave. Haven't worked at it very much either. The flair tip was better and the red tip version was great.

What is flair tip? I heard that red tip is the most aggressive form all SS. I'm happy with Merkur aggressiveness and i'm not sure that 40s will be good for me but i already find one and i expect to ship tomorrow here :) However i'm sure that i will not regret for purchase. I gave 24euro for it including shipping.

That's a great testament to Merkur's customer service.

I'm very surprised with Merkur's customer service. I didn't expect to happen this.

I ordered one two days ago, i hope i wouldn't have that problem.

It seems that Merkur's quality control is a little spotty but from my experience their customer service is top notch. I wouldn't worry too much.

I have tried several Gillettes including a 40's SS, a Fatboy, Diplomat, and a Slim, but my original Merkur HD still gives me the closest shave.

It's always fun to experiment though.:001_tongu

What is flair tip? I heard that red tip is the most aggressive form all SS. I'm happy with Merkur aggressiveness and i'm not sure that 40s will be good for me but i already find one and i expect to ship tomorrow here :) However i'm sure that i will not regret for purchase. I gave 24euro for it including shipping.

I'm very surprised with Merkur's customer service. I didn't expect to happen this.

Sorry. The Flair Tip is the SS produced from 1954 to 1968. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/inde..._Late_1950.27s_Flare_Tip_Gillette_Super_Speed

Last edited:
Top Bottom