What's new

Merkur 12c

Hi guys I have been using a merkur 38c barber pole and am looking to pick up a merkur 12c barber pole i am curious to see how the open comb compares. If anyone can shed some light on this let me know.
Also if anyone has one has a nice one they would like to unload pm me if you like.

R

rainman

I actually like the barerpole weight but I refuse to try one of these due to there very mild reputation. The only less mild open comb is the Good Fella.

I have a Merkur 12c (open comb) and an Edwin Jagger 89L (closed comb). Once you've shaved with them for a while, you will get very similar results. The 12C is much heavier than the 89L. It takes me less time to shave with the 12C than the 89L, but it may be because of the weight. The 89L is more sensitive to tugging, but is a little easier to use for touchups. I'm not sure if it's the weight or the open comb of the 12C, but I do prefer it. The 89L is finished nicer. If you don't want a razor as heavy as your 38C, go with the Muhle/EJ 41, which is a little lighter and finished nicer. The Merkur 1904 is available as an open comb, is even lighter, and is only $25 or so (I think this will be my next RAD fix). Hope this helps.

I have a Merkur 12c (open comb) and an Edwin Jagger 89L (closed comb). Once you've shaved with them for a while, you will get very similar results. The 12C is much heavier than the 89L. It takes me less time to shave with the 12C than the 89L, but it may be because of the weight. The 89L is more sensitive to tugging, but is a little easier to use for touchups. I'm not sure if it's the weight or the open comb of the 12C, but I do prefer it. The 89L is finished nicer. If you don't want a razor as heavy as your 38C, go with the Muhle/EJ 41, which is a little lighter and finished nicer. The Merkur 1904 is available as an open comb, is even lighter, and is only $25 or so (I think this will be my next RAD fix). Hope this helps.

+1 on the 1904 Classic Open Comb...

Top Bottom