What's new

Meals for Hot days

Well, it's always a hot day here, so the effect of the seasons is minimal. Take a leaf out of SE Asia's cookbook and go for a curry, an Indonesian rendang (don't believe the Malaysians, it's an Indonesian dish), a fiery Thai salad or anything with chilis. Sweat it out, it's good for you!

Hi all,

I gave the Bulgarian Cucumber Soup - tarator - a go. The recipe looked diabetic friendly and a tasty summer coolbtreat. I took a sample to my family doctor, a very nice Bulgarian lady, recently returned from tanning beside the Black Sea. Yep, she's hot! I asked her opinion and she said in a low, throaty voice "Is perfect". Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I even served some at a a buffet dinner party and got requests for the recipe from some of my hardcore martial artist friends.
Highly recommended!

Brian

Well, it's always a hot day here, so the effect of the seasons is minimal. Take a leaf out of SE Asia's cookbook and go for a curry, an Indonesian rendang (don't believe the Malaysians, it's an Indonesian dish), a fiery Thai salad or anything with chilis. Sweat it out, it's good for you!

I get a serious craving for Thai noddle dishes, spring rolls, and salads.

Attachments

• $mozzarella-tomatoe-basil-caprese.jpg
    $mozzarella-tomatoe-basil-caprese.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 62
love a big old plate of cold sesame noodles, the wedge salad is always a winner, BLT with my tomatoes and lettuce, when the wife isn't around and I'm rolling my own I like a jumbo bowl of Captain Crunch and ice cold milk. I showed the wife the Bulgarian Cucumber Soup and I'm sure we will be trying it soon.

Hi all,

I gave the Bulgarian Cucumber Soup - tarator - a go. The recipe looked diabetic friendly and a tasty summer coolbtreat. I took a sample to my family doctor, a very nice Bulgarian lady, recently returned from tanning beside the Black Sea. Yep, she's hot! I asked her opinion and she said in a low, throaty voice "Is perfect". Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I even served some at a a buffet dinner party and got requests for the recipe from some of my hardcore martial artist friends.
Highly recommended!

Brian

I am glad you liked it.. your doctor i mean... and the soup. :)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

I tried this today with basil from my own garden. My wife had some difficulty picking up the basil, tomato, and cheese so I cut some up and served it on toothpicks. (mid August and the tomatoes in my garden are still green)

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
+ 1.000.000.

Can I tease you by suggesting potato, white fish, and cauliflower on a white plate? I'm not certain you can handle the red and green from Kouros' plate.

This is from the truth as it was told to me by my wife who worked at the Canadian Embassy in Norway in the 80's. Actually her experiences were great. She toured greenhouses where things were being grown in micro climates just a few cm over the growth.

Top Bottom