What's new

MDC Monday

Monday was not going well…until I opened my MDC Rose…
IMG_8148.jpeg

MdC/Muhle Monday

PXL_20230522_141055139.jpg

New brush in the den: 1x 28 mm Tut B&B Contributors Brush, Satin Jade, PSB 2-band

The MdC/Muhle crowd know about the excellent results we get on Mondays. Today's attraction is the new Paladin brush. It passed the first shave with flying colors.
Onward tomorrow to Tallow Tabac Tuesdays!

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230515_124605.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#142 of 365 (100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (11)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: MdC Original(50)
A/S: Proraso Green
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron

Tonight for Muhle Monday and MdC Monday my usual suspects were up once again. MdC is still providing great slick shaves but using virtually no soap and I have finally reached 50 uses. Many soaps would be just about ready to finish up, or at least be half way through, but MdC is just getting started. The Kosmo and Rocca are my favourite Muhle combination at the moment and make me look forward to a shave more than anything. The BIC blade, despite not being at its sharpest is still holding its own.
The shave was a pleasure and left me with a near BBS finish and a felling of contentment so I can't ask any more of it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
MdC Monday
Razor: Lambda Athena (TiBam Radiator Titanium Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief B&B 2023 Contributors Brush (Paladin 26mm Two-band Synthetic Semi-Bulb/Hybrid knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20230522_140329~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12252260

Mike M

IMG_20230515_124605.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
#149 of 365 (100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (13)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(51)
A/S: CKbe

Tonight for Muhle Monday and MdC Monday I used my usual setup, it just gives a great shave even on the 13th use of the BIC blade it just works. MDC never disappoints, especially when lathered with the Kosmo which only seems to require the merest hint of soap to create enough lather for a 5 pass shave.
As usual though the Rocca takes it all in it's stride producing a near BBS finish with no fuss or drama, but more importantly no effort.

MdC/ Muhle Monday

1685986506146.jpeg

Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

The rose scent always surprises me when I open the jar. It is not loud or shouting at m, just an authentic subtle scent. This quartet (including an Astra SS blade) was superb.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Mike M

IMG_20230605_155212.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#156 of 365 (100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (3)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original
A/S: CK be

Tonight for Muhle/MdC Monday one of my favourite combinations of the week. The only difference is the use of the SharpEdge blade. I hadn't used this blade in a long time and had forgotten just how good it is although if memory serves me correctly I think I preferred the super stainless (green). It was very smooth in the Rocca and left me with an easy BBS finish. I still have some more blades to try to see if I can get the most out of the Lupo and once I find the best blade for it I'll buy some in and continue 3017ing my blade collection.

Top Bottom