...but this one IS cracked.
MdC Monday
Muhle Monday

IMG_20230424_121822.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Polsilver(10)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(46)

Tonight as it is MdC Monday the later combination was of course Original lathered with the Kosmo. This gave it's usual effortless results. The razor was the Fatip Piccolo and it was the turn, once again of the Polsilver.
The blade was unfortunately quite tuggy from the beginning and left me a couple of small weepers on my neck during the second pass. The final ATG pass was very uncomfortable, but I managed to finish the shave and was left with an SAS result, quite poor for me. Unfortunately this blade is done after a mere 10 shaves. My experience of the Personna tells me a it has many more shaves to give so I do not expect to be awarding this round to the Polsilver, but in the interests of fairness I will hold my judgement until tomorrow

"MAY" all your shaves be good this month.
MdC/Muhle Mondays

PXL_20230501_134319726.jpg

Muhle Rocca R95 with Rasurkultur blade, MdC Rose and Zenith 2004B brush
Still in GRUME and GRUYERE

Hey Guys
It is the start of a new month and I want to say welcome to new GRUME-ers joining in this month.
I got curious about this Zenith brush. I may not have used it since last "Decemboar". It was exceptionally soft and smooth.
I started the month with a DFS+.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Mike M

MdC Monday
IMG_20230501_150525~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Personna Platinum(16)
Soap: MdC Original(47)

Tonight for MdC Monday I broke out the Original once more. Since I bought it I have mostly used the Kosmo to lather it as I really enjoy the combination, as a 21mm synth it doesn't use much soap and as you can see there is not much soap gone (it is pictured after 46 uses). As a rough estimate I would have to say it looks like it will last me the rest of my days, particularly as I usually only use it one day a week.
The shave was just pure pleasure but I was forced to stop after just 3 passes as I'd achieved a very near BBS though I'd have been happy to do another couple of passes.
A word on the moisturizer, I have been using Nivea Hyaluron for the last couple of weeks and I think it is the best moisturizer I have used. It doesn't take a full pump to give enough to do your face and it is easily absorbed, it also makes the shave feel closer. This is definitely one to keep around and I would even be happy if it was the only moisturizer I used from now on.
IMG_20230501_151018.jpg

SOTD MAY 1st
May 2023 GRUME
MdC Monday

Hello friends

Usually I shave in the morning, but today, Labor Day, I decided on an evening shave. And what a shave, my friends!
MdC Fougère, Omega Jade, Merkur Progress (5/4/3), Gillette Nacet (4), Pinaud Clubman and Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT, the king of fougère.

To start the week in style: Frank, on my favorite album of his, In The Wee Small Hours.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

A58CAAA7-F129-4775-8435-B38FE7A06AD9.jpeg
IMG_8182.jpeg

MdC/ MUHLE Monday
Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

PXL_20221107_140744857.jpg

Mondays have become a shaving celebration using this excellent combo. A DFS+ was easy to achieve with two passes and touch-ups.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Mike M

IMG_20230508_133907-1.jpg

Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
RR Lupo 95SB
Blade: Personna Platinum(23)
Soap: MdC Original
A/S: CK One

I received the RR Thin Bar handle today and I have to admit I was so excited I just had to try it out tonight. With MdC and the Kosmo providing one of the best lathers of the week it was definitely one to look forward to. The change of handle made the Lupo not only better looking, but made it handle like I hoped it would when I purchased it. The new look made it similar in size and weight to the Fatip Piccolo.
The shave was just amazing, I had no problem with manoeuvrability and no irritation during or after the shave. Even after one shave I think I can safely say the Lupo is fixed. The head of the Lupo is like a tailored suit jacket and putting the HD handle on it is like putting baggy pants and clown shoes on. The Thin Bar handle by contrast is like tailored trousers and handmade leather shoes.
The shave ended up in a so close to a BBS finish that it was not even a contest with my previous Lupo shaves.

Mike M

IMG_20230515_124605.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#135 of 365 (100%)
MdC Monday
Muhle Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(5)
Soap: MdC Original(49)
A/S: Old Spice

Tonight it was.of course MdC Monday and having reached a mere 49 shaves the jar is still showing little sign of wear. The Kosmo was once again monopolising the MdC and making a good job of lathering it. For Muhle Monday I also put the Rocca into action paired with the BIC Chrome Platinum. The shave was excellent and, after three passes very close to a BBS. Not much more to be said about it.

Top Bottom