What's new

MDC Monday

Same setup as last week.

Soap: MdC Vétyver
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus
After Shave: Dr. Hauschka Hair Tonic

Attempted a 3-pass BBS. ATG too much for my face -- had a couple weepers. I think I will just stick with 2-pass CCS, although the smooth feeling after a 3 pass with ATG is intoxicating.

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I am 54 shaves into the 130g size MdC Original in the La Canele bowl. I have now reduced the outside edge to just below the lip and can see a small dent in the center. This has quickly become my favorite soap and although I probably have another 150 or more shaves left I’m thinking about a backup.

I need some advice and this appears to be the place. First I have ruled out the 50g and 60g sizes leaving either another L Canele 130g which I know I like, a regular 200g size (although based on everything I’ve seen and my current experience the lid is unnecessary) or the Brain Bowl. What are your thoughts and what has your experience been?

I am 54 shaves into the 130g size MdC Original in the La Canele bowl. I have now reduced the outside edge to just below the lip and can see a small dent in the center. This has quickly become my favorite soap and although I probably have another 150 or more shaves left I’m thinking about a backup.

I need some advice and this appears to be the place. First I have ruled out the 50g and 60g sizes leaving either another L Canele 130g which I know I like, a regular 200g size (although based on everything I’ve seen and my current experience the lid is unnecessary) or the Brain Bowl. What are your thoughts and what has your experience been?
Is your question about the size of another soap of the original scent or about a new scent ? I only have the 200g formats. For the scents, not sure which I would pick, I like them all. ( Original, rose, Fougère, Agrumes) original and fougère are more complexes, agrumes and rose are more naturals.

Reactions: GNR
Is your question about the size of another soap of the original scent or about a new scent ? I only have the 200g formats. For the scents, not sure which I would pick, I like them all. ( Original, rose, Fougère, Agrumes) original and fougère are more complexes, agrumes and rose are more naturals.
My question is about size. Brain Bowl vs 200 g container bs repeating the 130 g la Canele container. How is the Brain Bowl to use, etc.

I agree the lid is useless, especially if you use it daily. I pretty much open the jar and leave it open till it's over.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20210705
MdC Monday
Razor: ATT Mixed Metal CH1 Plate/Classic Cap (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave/Fragrance: Bootlegger's El Dorado
shave20210705_211626_2.jpg

Top Bottom